C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

Draco sat with his legs pulled into his chest between the crisp white sheets of the hospital bed, the curtains only pulled halfway to ensure that he had a perfect view of the Quidditch pitch outside the window. He sighed; knowing that his lungs haven't completely escaped from the thorns and flowers.

"How ironic" he thought to himself bitterly. "After all this is done, I'm never looking at another flower ever again."

Glancing around with boredom, his eyed widened upon falling on the awkward Gryffindor peeking through the gap in the curtains. "Potter?"

Harry smiled, drawing the curtains open. "Hello, Dr- Malfoy. I wanted to make sure you're doing alright..." He said, a faint blush covering his cheeks.

The slytherin huffed. "I'm quite alright, thank you. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to be getting back to what I was doing - without you pretending to care about me."

Harry tried to protest, but the Slytherin just groaned in frustration. "Look, Potter, if you're feeling guilty because of your damn hero complex, then don't. This wasn't you fault and you don't have to concern yourself over me anymore. I don't need your pity and I certainly don't need to be another pawn for your fucking ego."

"What, no-" Harry shook his head, taking a seat on the bed. His eyes were wide as he stared at the Slytherin. Was that really what Draco thought this was? With a sigh he crossed his legs, fully facing the teary eyed blond as he said, "I'm here because I'm worried about you - Hermione's already given me a summary of what's been happening..."

Draco tucked his head deeper into his folded arms, a failed attempt at keeping himself from crying.

This was it. This was the part where Potter would reject him and tell him what a freak he was - that no one could ever possibly like, let alone love, someone as selfish and cruel as him. He swallowed, waiting patiently for a laugh or a comment... But it never came.

He looked up hesitantly, feeling a hand on his arm. Harry's eyebrows were furrowed as he looked at the boy in concern.

"Malfoy, we need to talk" The Gryffindor said seriously. "Or, more importantly, you need to listen..."