C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

Oms I can't believe this fanfic has 546 reads! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it <3

• • • • •

"It all began with that damn smile. It was easy hating you before that, easier to pretend that it was hate before that stupid smile. I was practically whipped after that, but... That smile changed everything."

"We were in our fourth year - it was just after your match with Ravenclaw that I walked up to the field. I won't lie, I thought you were up to something when you didn't return back to the Great hall for dinner... But then, there you were. Floating ten feet in the air with your arms outstretched to the sky while you balanced on your broom... Everything but a sneer plastered on your stupid face-"

"-oi, my face is not stupid" Draco protested, despite his cheeks red with a pretty blush and faint tear stains.

Harry rolled his eyes, dismissing the comment completely. "You seemed so free. It was like, for the first time I saw you - not the Malfoy I met in that robe shop. Not the arrogant prick on the train, not your father. You... You were beautiful" Harry blushed, his eyes widening. "Not that you're not beautiful now, you definitely are, it's just that was the only thing I could think of to describe you at that moment and as cheesy as that sounds-"

"-Harry, you're starting to ramble" Draco whispered, amused.

Harry's heart hammered and a goofy smile made it onto his face upon hearing his name leave Draco's lips. "I guess, what I'm trying to say is..." He hesitated, shaking his head before, slowly, taking Draco's hand in his own - tracing his thumb across the pink tint on the boy's knuckles. Draco's breath hitched, staring at their intertwined hands against the pure white of the hospital bed as the next few words were whispered.

"I love you, Draco."

Draco's chest bloomed; not in the uncomfortable manner he had been experiencing for the last few weeks. It was the good kind. It was like he could feel the flowers growing smaller inside of him - the vines retracting and the scars healing themselves like they weren't there in first place...

"I... I love you too"

He felt like he could breathe again.