Chapter 18: Refinement 5

Wei Ying concentrated on thinking, 'If me in the future married Lan Zhan then-then, did we make ou-'

"Wei Ying." Lan Zhan called, breaking his thoughts. Wei Ying cursed at himself for thinking something like that. He guessed that reading erotic magazines is enough. 

Wei WuXian was someone who was skilled at finding fun for himself, especially talented in the area of seeking joy amid dull circumstances. Since there wasn't anything else to play with, he could only play with Lan WangJi. He called, "WangJi-xiong."

Lan WangJi remained motionless.

Wei WuXian, "WangJi."

He appeared as if he didn't hear anything.

Wei WuXian, "Lan WangJi."

Wei WuXian, "Lan Zhan!"

Jin Ling cringed, "I think I might agree that, Uncle Wei really was annoying."

Wei Wuxian's ears perked up. "Was?! So you think that I'm not annoying today?!" He needs to hear if he was hearing it correctly.

Jin Ling said coyly, "No, you're more annoying today."

Wei Wuxian spits out blood.

"Wei Ying!"

Jin Ling sweats nervously, "I think I said too much.." and hid in Lan Suzhui's embrace so that he can't experience Hanguang-jun's wrath.

Lan Wangji looked like he was about to call for assassination on Jin Ling.

Lan WangJi finally stopped writing, and looked up at him with a cold gaze. Wei WuXian shifted backward, raising his hands as if he was defending himself, "Don't look at me like this. I only called your name because you didn't answer when I called you WangJi. If you're upset, you can also call me back with my name."

Lan WangJi spoke, "Put your legs down."

 He asked in a serious tone, "Lan Zhan. Let me ask you a question. Do you... really hate me that much?"

Lan Xichen smiled, eyes turned into crescent moons. "There was a time where, Wangji would go to the Hanshi and always tell me that Whenever A-Xian comes near him, his heart beats fast." Lan Wangji looked at him with betrayal, Until then, Wei Wuxian woke up when he heard Lan Xichen's words.

Lan Huan agreed. "Yes! he would even say 'Ge, Am I in love with him?' " Lan Huan Chuckled. Wei Ying grinned until there's no tomorrow. "I see! I see! Lan Zhan hides his emotion so well that only Zewu-jun can read him!" he said.

Lan Huan smiled, "Yes, yes. Call me Xichen-ge, since your going to marry Wangji sooner or later." he winked at the flustered Wei Ying.

Lan Qiren spat out blood once again, he had enough. Wei Wuxian tainted his nephews!

Grandmaster stroke his goatee, amused at his past self for coughing out blood twice.

Lan WangJi looked down, his lashes casting light shadows onto his jade-like cheeks. Wei WuXian hurriedly added, "Hey, don't be like this, ignoring me again after saying so few words. I want to admit my fault and apologize to you. Look at me."

"What's there to be sorry for?"

Everyone shrugged.

After a pause, he spoke again, "You don't want to look at me? Sure, then. I'll just start talking. It was my fault during that night. I was wrong. I shouldn't have climbed the wall, I shouldn't have drank alcohol, and I shouldn't have fought with you. But, I swear! It wasn't that I provoked you on purpose—I really didn't look at the sect rules. The sect rules in the Jiang Sect are all told verbally; none of them are written down. Or else, I definitely wouldn't have done that." I definitely wouldn't have finished the jar of Emperor's Smile in front of you. I would have tucked it away and carried it back into my room, secretly drinking it every day and sharing it with everyone until we all had enough.