✧ 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝

»»————- 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅 ————-«« 

𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 ༻✦༺ 9 PM

A sleepy yawn worked its way out of Jieun as she automatically reached out for her cellphone on the nightstand to check the time

A sleepy yawn worked its way out of Jieun as she automatically reached out for her cellphone on the nightstand to check the time. Her nap lasted no more than ten minutes while reading a children's book. Daehyun slept soundly next to her, his pacifier almost slipping from his mouth. She smiled and took it out completely, not wanting him to get too attached. It'd make it harder to leave the habit later. 

Her baby boy was growing each day; Jieun felt her heart squeezing with the knowledge. Time really did fly. Before finding out about the pregnancy, she never dreamt of becoming a mother. It had never been on her list of things she wanted to accomplish and with a family like her own, so beyond repair, it made her believe that the curse would follow her as a parent too. 

In some way... it did.

Watching Daehyun sleep pained her. She didn't want him to grow without his dad around. She couldn't allow him to, at some point in life, see Ji Changwook as one, or even call that man his father. 

Jieun caressed his belly, leaning over to kiss his little nose. Daehyun moved and rolled to the side. She got out of the bed when the doorbell rang as she made her way to the kitchen.

Meeyon was there, washing the dishes. "Want me to answer, Miss Lee?"

"I'll take it, thank you," Jieun said, assuming it was probably the elder couple she grew fond of. Sometimes they would come by to chat, which she never minded at all. It was good to have other people to talk to.