Entry No. 2

April 6, 2021
8:59 AM

Dear Diary,

Last night was strange. My roommate left two days ago so I was left alone in our apartment. Last night in the middle of my sleep, I heard knocks outside the apartment. It was so loud and aggressive that it woke me up from my room. Since I just woke up, my brain couldn't process what was happening.

The loud knock kept repeating so I decided to open the door for whoever was knocking. I thought maybe it was just my neighbors needing something. But I thought wrong. When I opened the door, no one was there. I looked at the hallway and nothing was also there but silence.

Maybe it was just the neighbors playing with me. But who would do that at 2 AM in the middle of the night?

That doesn't end my experience last night. I heard a thud in the bathroom that took my attention from thinking about the knock. I was too sleepy last night because I came from interviews in different jobs.

I was sleepy that I didn't bother to look inside the bathroom and think it was just a rat, since the apartment is old and rusty. And now that I'm fully awake, I looked inside the bathroom earlier and no sign of fall. No reason to have a thud at all.

Sincerely,
Xienna