Writer's POV

That is Martha Seymour- Seth's mum. I know she might look young but yah that's how she's supposed to look, like as if she's his sister.

Chapter 24

Martha felt frustrated as the phones rung simultaneously every two minutes. The Chief of Police, her boss, was calling her every now and then. Journalists, the governor were all asking her about the fugitive, Toreen La Costa, who had escaped from the Police's high security prison cells. He was the most wanted fugitive in the whole kingdom and was wanted for the apparent leadership of the Resistance Front that was fighting against the government for 10 years but had never succeeded.

There was no way the people of America were going to go against a government that had saved many of them when the world almost came to an end after the 3rd world war.  Toreen, who was a son to David La Costa the original founder of the Resistance Front, was a very intelligent and tactical man that for the 10years he had fought the Truthers Society after his father, the society had failed to catch him even once.

Unfortunately for him, this one time when Martha Seymour was promoted to the The Head of the Investigations Department in the North-Western District, she had taken up his case and managed to catch the trickster of a man, she was one step ahead of him, something all the previous heads of the department had failed to do.

She had had him locked up in one of the most highly guarded cells in the country to be moved the next morning to the state prison in Mornachy City but before the night even reached its peak, the smart fellow had broken out of the station's high security prison cells. Free once again.

Now, everybody that had congratulated Martha, two days ago for cracking the Toreen La Costa case when she was just in fresh leadership, were the ones giving her cold glares that morning as she walked into her office.

Of course, the phone calls came in. A  lot of them. She blocked some and more seemed to be accumulating by the hour.

"Shit" she hissed under her breath as she remembered the arrogant bastard's words as he escaped last night. He had put a knife on her neck, warning her not to do something stupid or else he'd slit her throat.

"Martha Seymour, you are really impressive compared to all the morons that had been put in your position to catch me but never even tried. But I want you to remember one thing, every chess board has two players, and the winner is obviously me because I have all the pawns. Am one step ahead of you. Checkmate." she could hear him chuckle behind her ear  but as much as she wanted to pull that stupid smile off his face, she couldn't.

"So darling Martha. Since it's you who brought me here, you're the one that's gonna get me out." he had said smugly.

He had dragged her across the parking lot where he had been hiding for two hours and nobody noticed. He had only been waiting for Marth to come so that he could escape. She was his only way out.

He had pulled her into the open where everybody could see them clearly. Gun in hand and knife still on Martha's neck.

"If you don't let me through, I swear am gonna cut her neck open." he had threatened and he sounded really serious about it.

The security guards had hesitantly backed away from them, leaving them space. Toreen had easily walked out the Police station's premises like the master of the game he was.

"Today I won't kill you coz I wanna see what you're gonna do next to try to catch me next time. I like you, you're quite the interesting and daring type. Feisty too, I like that. I know you're not gonna rest until you catch me again. But don't worry Martha, I'll looking forward to seeing you too again next time." he held her tightly so that she wouldn't harm him then he kissed her neck playfully, just to annoy her then as fast as lightening, he disappeared into the darkness, leaving Martha standing alone in the night's cold darkness, the anger boiling inside her whole body.

**************************************

Hey guys, so the writer's POV is my point of view on other people who may not be main characters but need to be talked about to broaden and intensify the story. Stay safe.

Lot's of love,

Kim