Chapter 15

Arthur and the others exited the party and began making their way to the training room.

"So Arthur," Feyrith started, sounding concerned. "How much time do I have left with my little brother?"

"That depends on him," Arthur replied casually.

"Ellie said they were friends. She's allowed to have boys for friends," Tess stated in an attempt to protect Tellynnan.

"Tess, we used to be just friends," Arthur replied matter of factly.

"Why do you have a problem with this?" Claire asked. "Is it because he's an elf?"

"You do remember I'm dating Tess right?" Arthur replied rhetorically. "Elf, human, dwarf, it doesn't matter, I treat all these little boys that show any interest in my sister the same."

"I'll warn my little brother then," Theo commented.

Arthur stopped in his tracks. "What did you say?" His voice was dark and intimidating.

Theo realized he had made a mistake instantly. "I just want to keep my little brother safe. So if I tell him you're opposed to your sister dating, maybe it'll deter him," Theo replied, knowing good and well how stubborn his brother could be and that this wouldn't stop him in the slightest.

"Best he doesn't waste his time anyway. Clearly this generation of Leywins is attracted to elves," Feyrith commented to Theo.

Arthur glared back at both of them. "My sister isn't old enough to date," Arthur said in a threatening tone.

"So when will she be old enough?" Kathyln asked calmly.

Arthur took a deep breath. No one understood it, but Kathyln's calm tone always seemed to make anyone want to calm down, no matter how enraged they were.

"I don't know, maybe thirty," Arthur replied, and began walking again.

Reaching the training room, Arthur pushed the double doors open to reveal the dirt field. Lunaris removed his mantle, and was about to place it on the ground, but Kathyln took it to hold onto first, then also his coat. Arthur started to take off his robes, but before his arms were out he felt it pulled away. He turned back to see Tess holding it in her arms. Arthur was left wearing a well fitted white sleeveless shirt with black gloves

"I'll just hold this for you," Tess stated sweetly as Arthur smiled back.

"So weapons or no?" Lunaris asked as he walked out onto the dirt while rolling up his sleeves.

"No weapons, but spells are ok," Arthur replied.

Ultimately it didn't matter to him if they used their swords, but the condition of his Asuran forged blade might not be a good sight for the image they wanted to portray.

They both took a battle stance, although Arthur's was a bit more relaxed. Lunaris made the first move and rocketed towards him, using a wind spell to increase his speed. The ground parted in a wave behind him as a trail was left leading to Arthur. Lunaris opened up with a series of rapid fire jabs, but Arthur held his ground and blocked every one of them. Lunaris then changed things up with a kick to his head, but Arthur just stopped it with two fingers. Using Arthur's fingers to push off, Lunaris jumped back as he prepared for his next assault.

"How much of your strength are you actually using?" Lunaris asked.

"About half," Arthur replied casually.

"Shit," Lunaris breathed out in frustration at the difference in their strength.

Lunaris took a deep breath, and prepared a spell in each hand as Arthur waited patiently. Wind mana swirled around one hand as fire mana swirled around the other. Lunaris then punched the ground with both fists. The spells travelled across the ground, until it reached Arthur and erupted beneath his feet in the form of a fiery tornado.