1 year later

*1 year later

*Fateh's POV

My chote Singh and Abhiraaj are getting married today. She has grown so big, she had dreamt of her fairytale and now is living it. I trust Abhiraaj, I know he would never break my sister's trust as I broke his sister's trust. It's been a year since Mahi has stopped talking to me. She doesn't even spare me a glance. Since her Tejo bhabhi has left, a lot of distance is created among us. It's like we are two strangers living under the same roof. The day Tejo left, I had become a stranger in my own house. Surprisingly, even my mother was sad with Tejo's exit. My family rarely talks with me except Amrik. Only when there is something important. I was told about my sister's marriage also few days ago as a formality.

Sandhu's hate me. Their daughter left because of me. I hate myself for doing this to her, my bestfriend, my ex wife. She left the day she was discharged from hospital. Jasmine came with her husband Gippy from Canada. You all might be wondering if Jasmine is married to Gippy then what happened between me and Tejo. After Tejo left, Mahi was sharp enough to catch her cunning Jasmine's lies. She provided them all the proofs. She was married off to Gippy then. As time passed I realised how much Tejo meant in my life. I used her for my means. I have been selfish and I hate myself for that. If all I could return back in time and mend everything.

My reverie was broken on hearing Abhiraaj announcing something. He said," This is a surprise for my to be wife Mahi, I hope you like it." He pointed towards the door. There were a lot of people standing in front of me, thus I was unable to see. I saw Mahi looking at the gate teary eyed. I moved back to have a better view. The thing that I saw made me happy and sad both. There stood My Tejo, do I have the right to call her mine? She was in a complete different look. Looking exactly like a boss lady.

M

ahi sprinted towards her and hugged her tight. Mahi was crying and I could see tears floating in her eyes too. But not even single drop fell from her eyes. She met her family except Jasmine. She even met Gippy. She went towards Biji and Bauji and they both hugged her and biji cried. She went towards Papaji and he to hugged her and blessed her. She went near mummy Ji who enveloped her in a hug and started crying. She consoled mummyji and went back to her place. Neither she met Amrik, nor Nimmo Machi. I don't even come on the list. She had a sweet smile which vanished as soon as she saw me. She turned her face to Abhiraaj and Naviraj who lifted her and twirled her around. She was all time giggling and my face adorned with a smile listening to her sweet giggles. I heard Abhiraaj telling everyone that Tejo was in contact with Sandhu's. She lives in Chandigarh and is very successful. She is going to be there only for a few days. Everybody dispersed and Tejo was sent to her room to get ready.

I followed her and came in between her way. She looked at me expressionlessly. I couldn't decipher what was going on in her mind. I said, "Tejo, I..." To which she interrupted and said," Dr Tejo Sandhu." I was delighted and asked," You have completed your PhD?". To which she nodded and said, "As I got free from all those shackles, I did what I was supposed to. Today I have completed my PhD and I am currently owning my college in Chandigarh." Proud would be a small word, my chest swelled listening to her achievements. I couldn't say anything more and she left for her room. I was told by Buzo that he heard from Abhiraaj that Tejo was about to get married to somebody named Nakul Mehta. I needed to know more about him.

Tejo's POV

I have left Moga, here I am standing at Chandigarh airport. Abhiraaj has called up his friend Nakul. He is gonna let me stay at his place. I denied Abhiraaj but he told me to stay until I find my job. I have a list of things to do. I need to find a job. I need to reapply for phd. I need to send divorce papers to Fateh. I have to get a flat. And many more.

With these thoughts in mind I was moving forward, when I saw somebody well dressed holding my Name board. I went towards him and tapped on his shoulder. I recognised that he was Nakul, I had seen his pictures. For a moment he didn't say anything, just stared at me. Which creeped me out and I cleared my throat, which broke his reverie and I forwarded my hand to shake it with him. He suddenly said," Do you have a map? I just got lost in your eyes." I mentally scoffed. I knew about this, Abhiraaj told me that he is a flirt, but is a good human and respects girls. I just smiled and pulled out my hand and said," You deserve a hi-fi, in the face." He acted scared and took my luggage to his car. I never knew my life will change like this at that very moment.

Nakul helped me with my emotional traumas. He helped me hold myself together. He helped me file a divorce. He helped me with my PhD. He helped me to get a job. As soon as I got my job I moved into a new apartment. He used to daily visit me. We became best friends. Often I would catch him staring at me, but he used to just dismiss me. We were inseparable. Whenever he used to go on business tours, I used to miss him a lot. After some time, a weird feeling erupted in me. My heart would use to race just by a look at him. Whenever he used to be close, my breathing gets heavy. I can feel butterflies in my stomach and heat rise to my cheeks whenever he complimented me. I was scared if I am falling for him, I didn't wanted to go through the same thing which I went with Fateh. I was insecure, I knew Nakul is different and he will never break my trust. He helped me to mend all my broken pieces, but the cracks did remain. I started to ignore him. He was doubtful and asked me after a week what was going on. I already missed him. I hugged him and cried my heart out, telling him everything. He smiled listening to my confession and sat down on his knees, took out a ring box and proposed me for marriage. I gasped and asked him if he already knew, to which he told that he wanted to do this since long, but I started ignoring him. He also told me that he is ready to give me as much as time and was ready to clear out all my insecurities with whatever it takes. I said yes and we got engaged.

Now here I am after a month of my engagement for Mahi and Abhiraaj's wedding. I was not sure about facing Fateh. But when I met him, I didn't feel anything. My Nakul has surely helped me to heal. I was in my own thoughts when two arms enveloped me. I relaxed my body realising it was Nakul. He hugged me and kissed my forehead. I did knew he would come. He was scared as to my reaction on meeting Fateh. No, he wasn't insecure unlike Fateh, who doubted me on cheating with his own best friend. Nakul gave me butterfly kisses on my neck making me giggle. I turned around in his arms and he kissed my forehead. He told me that he met everyone, even Fateh. We both went downstairs after getting ready. Candy came to me and told me that his Fateh mamu wants to see me. I was reluctant to go when Nakul said," You should go, You both need a closure." I nodded and felt lucky to have such a person in my life.

I went upstairs and saw Fateh standing facing the sky. If it would have been earlier me, my heart would have fluttered at this sight. Abhiraaj told me everything from Fateh's guilt to Jasmin's lies. I felt pity for him. But it was his decision to cheat on me. As soon as I stepped in the terrace he said," I can never forget this scent, same musky flowery scent, just like before." I ignored his comment and walked up to him. He turned back and I saw his teary eyes. I looked away and it definitely hurted him. He started to speak," Tejo, I missed you." I gave a stern nod and he continued," I know you didn't, I just wanted to say sorry for everything I had done before. I know that my sorry won't heal your wounds, but still. I just want you to know that I am guilty and suffering too. It's been years and I just want to know if you could forgive me and get back together. I really love you and I promise that I will never break your heart." I got infuriated as to how he can even think that I will get back with him. I told him, anger reflecting in my tone," Yes you are right, I didn't miss you, I had someone who would never cheat on me. Your sorry would never heal my wounds, but Nakul's love have healed them long long before. You may be guilty, but I can't forgive you. I know, once a cheater, always a cheater. And yes, we can never get back together. I have moved on, and it will better if you move on to." After clearing up everything with him I stepped down and hugged Nakul tight and he patted my head and left a kiss on my forehead promising that he will always protect me. Now, I knew that I no longer will suffer, my miseries are over.

I hope all of you loved the story. Here, this story comes to an end.

The end💜