One

Winter

"Stop staring at her" I was taken back to reality when my bestfriend Giselle suddenly talked from behind her laptop.

"I wasn't staring Gi, I was just admiring the view." I answered her back while sipping my coffee.

"Sure Winter, you weren't staring, you're just looking without blinking. Yup definitely not staring." Giselle recoiled back laughing.

"Whatever Gi just finish your work already so that we can leave."

"You sure about that?" Giselle said with that smug grin of hers.

Was that what I want? I asked myself and then looked at her again. She just looks so perfect, with that barista uniform on and her hair tied up in a high ponytail is just chef's kiss. I mean does she even know how beautiful she looks? Those hazel eyes, pointy nose and that mole that sits perfectly below her lip on her already perfect face. She's the best view inside this coffee shop.

"And you're staring again, come on just go ask for her number so that you can stop admiring her from afar. It's not that hard to introduce yourself you know that right?" Giselle said, again pulling me out of trance.

"If you're not going to do it, then I will. She's beautiful indeed Winter." I shot laser eyes on Giselle as soon as she said that.

"Just kidding." was her only defense.

Later that evening, Giselle opened up the staring topic again while we were eating dinner at our shared apartment.

"I mean Winter if you aren't gonna introduce yourself then stop staring at her like a creep. I get it she's beautiful and all but where's that staring gonna get you? For all we know there might be a line of guys and girls asking her out." Giselle said while munching on her food across the table.

"Plus you've been eyeing her for months now, for sure it isn't just a simple crush. Make your move now or you'll regret it later."  Giselle added.

Her words got me thinking. Should I? What if she already has someone? What if she doesn't like me? And if she isn't into girls then what?

"There you go again, stop overthinking it Win, just go for it. You're thinking too far ahead already. Just introduce yourself first and let it  start from there. Baby steps Win." She said which made me smile. She really knows me best. She knows I got this habit of thinking things over.

"Maybe I'll ask her tomorrow Gi." I said with a smile on my lips.