Six

Winter

I checked myself first in the mirror one last time before heading out. I seriously need coffee since I haven't had one for days now. It's just nine in the morning so Giselle's still asleep. I didn't bother waking her up since she needs the rest. She must have been exhausted these last few days because of her presentation and she did still cooked for me last night. I'll just bring her back a cup of  cappuccino.

It's Sunday so it's not that crowded in the coffee shop and the streets are not that busy. I was rummaging through my wallet for bills while I was making my way to the counter to order when a familiar voice asked for my order. Is it her? I still had my head down since I started to panic because if it really is Karina please let the ground swallow me right now. I didn't shower before going here because her shift usually starts at noon.

"Excuse me miss, your order?" The voice asked again. It is her. That deep voice with a little huskiness in it can only be Karina's. I tried my best to hide the uneasiness I was feeling by smiling. I just hope I didn't look dumb in front of her.

"Uhm, I would like to—" I didn't got to finish saying my order when she cut me off.

"Oh hey Winter! Your regular then?" She said at me smiling. Oh my lord, it's just nine in the morning yet she already looks this pretty? Her smile is everything. Those white pearls really compliment her pink lips and if that wasn't enough her mole is just chef's kiss. She's beautiful indeed.

"Winter?" She called me pulling me out of the trance that she didn't have any idea that she have created.

"Uhm hi, yes the regular." I managed to respond.

"Ning, here!" She called the other barista to prepare my order. I was about to take a seat when she suddenly started a conversation.

"Hey I haven't seen you here for the past week?" She asked as if it was the most normal thing to do.

"I was a bit busy with my paintings." I said to her while she's busy organizing the stuffs on the counter.

"Oh you're a painter, that must be cool." She said looking at me with those beautiful hazel brown orbs of hers.

"It's great when you don't have a block." Was my simple reply. Damn I need Gi to teach me on how to keep a conversation going and the lack of customers right now isn't helping because she's not serving anyone but me.

"Here's your coffee." a small voice said which I'm guessing is her friend. "Ningning" her name tag read. I should thank her for saving me.

"Ning can you finish up her order and payment I'll just have to check something at the back." She said to her friend and went to what I guess is their stock room but not without leaving me with a smile. Damn, this woman definitely knows her charms it's either that or she's just oblivious to it.

"Ask her out already." Her barista friend Ningning said as she's finishing up my order and payment.

"Excuse me, what?" I fake coughed and looked at her with a confused look. Is she for real, I only just met her a few minutes ago and we haven't been officially acquainted with each other and she's suggesting me to what?

"You've been staring at Karina unnie for months now, don't act so surprised." She casually said as if we have known each other   for a long time already.

"Just ask her out, staring won't get you anywhere." She continued. That's almost the same line that Giselle told me like a week ago.

"Hey you done Ning?" Karina appeared again behind the counter with little sweat on her forehead.

"Yup." Ningning said as she hands me the coffee and receipt.

"Ri unnie, your friend wants to take you on a date, she's just afraid to ask you." Ningning suddenly blurts out. I looked at her with a face that says "what the hell" and she just shrugged it. She even had the gut to wink at me before turning away. Is she for real? She's gonna set me up like this then just let me fend off for myself?

"Oh really?" Karina looked at me with a surprised look and her arms crossed.

"To be honest I.. uhm—" Again I didn't get to finish what I'm about to say when she suddenly cuts me off.

"My shift ends at five today. Meet me here then? But if you're gonna take me on a coffee date then don't bother showing up." She said with an amused smile. Damn that smile, this woman will be the death of me.