chap 2

I have been to the club three times since the last month.
In hopes of seeing him again.
Call me pathetic, but I just couldn't get him out of my head. I couldn't get that ache out from my chest. When he walked away from me, I felt abandoned. And it was so annoying at first.

I have never felt this way before. I have dated, well, a number of guys. And though I admit, none of them were as good-looking as him, some of them were still handsome enough to make my heart flutter a bit. But this feeling that I experienced with him was so annoying. It's as if my soul got entangled with his and he took half of it with him. I haven't been able to get him out of my head properly and it felt as if we had some unfinished business. Or I am just in denial.
WELL THE POINT IS, I JUST WANT TO STOP FEELING THIS..THIS...WIERD HEARTACHE. I WAS ONLY WITH HIM FOR A FEW HOURS AND IT'S SO ANNOYING THAT HE HAD THIS AFFECT ON ME. SO I AM GOING TO FIND HIM AGAIN...and actually that's not a good idea at all. But it's not like y'know I'll actually find him. People like him just... disappear.

I went to the same bar three times and of course I didn't find him. I didn't expect to but I always felt so disappointed.

Just like now as I slowly dragged my feet away from the bar. It's as if he wasn't even real.

Sighing and resigning from the search plan my heart made, I kept walking down the street when I heard a voice of a person, that halted me midway. A shiver ran down my spine.

It was night and the path I was walking on was deserted. There was no one in sight and it was so quiet. Probably why the voice was so audible. And it was coming from my right. From the alleyway so dark, if felt as if the darkness would swallow me whole.

The voice was like a whimper. As if someone was crying, scared.

I was standing immobilized at the mouth of the alleyway, every hair on my body standing, my heart beating erratically.

Finally finding my footing, I started walking away in the opposite direction but abruptly halted.

I can't. I told my brain who was telling me to go in the alleyway.

The whimpers again struck my ears and I closed my eyes. They sounded so scared too. If I was scared, I can't imagine what the person in their is going through. I can't just walk away from this.

It can be a ghost luring you into it's trap, my brain informed me as I started walking towards the alleyway. I told it to shut up because it told me to go in and now that I am it's telling me to back out.

Fishing out my phone with trembling hands from my jeans and shone it into the alleyway, following the map that the quiet cries were laying Infront of me.

I shone the light in more and my heart jumped in my throat.
Just a few feet infront of me was a man, curled into a fetal position, his hands securing his ears tightly. He was trembling, whimpering and whispering.

"Go away"
"G-go away"

He was going on and on, repeating the same words to no one. He didn't seem to notice my presence or the shine of the light.

I was rooted to the spot, debating whether I should runaway as this could be a very mentally unstable person. But something kept me glued there.

It was the outline of his body. That looked familiar. That was making my heart swell in the same annoying, aching feeling.
The feeling that has been bothering me for the past month

I was dreading this.

I slowly placed my light on the ground and made my way to him, my hand cautiously Infront me. I was so scared that I was about to cry but I can't seem to walk away.

When I was close enough, I knelt beside him and gently touched his shoulder.

He sprang away from me so fast that I couldn't even blink. He crawled back and plastered himself against the wall, his eyes bloodshot and drenched in fear.

All the air was out of my lungs. It felt like the world was closing on me.

Looking at me, with his trembling frame, was Dmitry.

Sweat was trailing down the side of his face, despite the weather being so cold. His hair damp, his eyes bloodshot, his cheeks tear-streaked. He looked so freaked out, staring at me and I am pretty sure I have the same expression except his lacks recognition.

He is scared. Of me. He doesn't look himself. At all.

Slowly I brought my hands Infront me, composing myself.

"Hey..it's okay. It's me" I tried to smile hoping it would help.
"It's okay" I kept muttering as i crawled towards him, feeling helpless from within.

He was still trembling. I wasn't helping.

"It's me...Ash" I said, finally have crawled all the way to him.

His eyes were still assessing me wildly, his hands holding the wall so tight that blood was pooling around his finger tips.

Hesitantly reaching out, I unclasped his hands from the wall, relieved to find no resistance.

I looked back up at him and he wasn't looking at me freakishly anymore. Instead he was looking me like he looked at me at the bar, from the dance floor.

"Kitten" he said and I laughed, despite myself.

"Yes" I confirmed as I took him by the shoulders, pulling his shaking body to mine as I wrapped my arms around him like a blanket. He is much taller than me, but here in this alleyway, in my arms, he seemed so small and fragile, as he melted in me. I never thought I'll see him like this. I don't know what's going on with him.

After a few seconds of being tangled together, he broke apart from my hold, standing unsteadily, leaving me to gaze up at him.

"You have to go" he said, his voice holding the coldness with which he regarded the guys at the bar.

"Why?" I asked as I too stood up.

"Because it's...ugh just go please" he urged me more coldly this time but instead of scaring me it pissed me off.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Because it's unsafe for you okay!?" He yelled exasperatingly, hands in the air.

"WHY?" I yelled too. There is no way I am going just after finding him. And on top of that the condition I found him in.

"Oh my god" he clasped his hands behind his neck. I folded my arms around my chest holding my chest.

"You are such a cat" he said shaking his head and taking a deep breath as if he is physically stopping himself from throwing me away from him.

"Okay you wanna know?" He asked as if challenging me.

"Yes" I said with a curious feeling curling around me.

He bent his head and fiddled with his eye, pulling something out of it. An eye contact lense, I realized with a jolt.

When he looked up his eyes weren't the usual matching brown color but one of them was..grey. The kind of grey with black swirls. I stared at him horrified, fighting the desire to back a step.

He fixed me with a stare that made my hair stand on edge.

"I am haunted".