chap 7

You'll have to move out.

This thought was ringing in my head since morning. I couldn't pay attention to any of my university lectures because my head was throbbing with the thought of where I'll move and get a low rent, all in a month's time.

My landlord declared that I have to move out soon because they are renovating the building.

I was on the verge of crying as I begged them to not do it as I can never find a suitable place to stay with a low rent around this area.

They gave me a helpless shrug and said they have no choice but do it as it'll be benefiting for them.

My phone gave a ping, pulling me out of my reverie.

You coming today? DON'T SAY NO OR I'LL SEW YOUR EARS TOGETHER.

I smiled, momentarily forgetting my crisis. I typed back:

I am coming lol chill, I don't want my ears sewn together aaaaa.

Packing up all my art equipment, I prayed silently for the things to end up nicely for me at the end of the month and set out to meet my best friend.

-------------------------

As I neared her boutique, a group of young people exited her shop.

"Did she you see the owner of the shop??? She is so hot I can't " one of them was enthusiastically saying while all of them bobbed their heads in agreement.

"She looked like a hot emo fairy if that made sense. On top of that she has a talent for making dresses? I wanna marry her" said one guy among them, looking all dreamy.

I quietly chuckled as I passed them, feeling proud and satisfied. She deserved all those compliments. I can't wait to tell her about these.

I opened her door, a faint smell of lavender and vanilla greeting me. And there a few feet away from me, was standing my best friend, adjusting a dress, Solstice.

She really did look like an emo fairy, as ridiculous as the term sounded, it made sense.

With her emo hair dyed a pretty shade of pastel that were beautifully complimenting her tan skin, she was tall and lean, wearing a loose sage green cardigan over a white turtleneck.
Her eyes were laced with a black eyeliner and her lips were dressed in a pale red tint. Her ears and neck were holding cute jewelry items, making her look all friendly and fairie like. If Cottage Core Aesthetic was a person, it would definitely be Solstice.

Spotting me admiring her, a smile formed on her face and the next thing I know, she was on me, hugging the life out of me. I breathed in her scent and I suddenly felt like crying and pouring out all my life problems Infront of her. I hugged her back.

After she released me, I masked a disgusted face.

"Ew I hate affection" I said, pretending to brush the invisible love on my clothes she put while she hugged me.

She rolled her dark brown eyes.

"You secretly love it from me, admit it" she said smirking as she gestured me towards her office. I followed her.

"Never" I said while fully admitting in my heart she is right.

As I entered, I looked around her office which was the same as ever. It was very cozy. Almost as if I am in a home not an office.

There were a countless bean bags every where. One wall was replaced with a huge mirror while the others where covered with green plant thingies and posters of several kpop stars, models and all the dresses ideas she finds here and there.