Chapter 1: Forces Combine

"G-Get away from me!"

Rico was panicking, he was being chased, but he got so injured he couldn't run anymore and crashed onto the concrete floor.

"You can't run anymore... Rico..."

That line echoed inside of Rico's head, he was freaking out so much. He tried turning around to look at his attacker, but Rico barely even glanced at the person before falling unconscious.
....
...
..
.

"Oh... So that's what happened to me." Rico is currently living in a new place, he's inside a bunker with Brock and 8-BIT. He just finished searching through his memory. He finally remembered how he got those injuries. He still had many questions, "Actually... Who are you two?" He asked.

"My name is Brock, and this is friend, 8-BIT!" Brock replied as he rested his arm on 8-BIT's head, which 8-BIT quickly shook his head to get his hand off of him, "I'M NOT AN ARMREST!" 8-BIT rebuked. Which made Brock chuckle a bit.

"My name is Rico." Rico introduced himself too. "How did I end up in the bunker with you two?"

"About that..." Brock replied. "After you fell unconscious, me and 8-BIT quickly went over and saved you before they did anymore damage to you."

Rico tried to get up, but he was in so much pain just crouching, he gave up quickly and laid on the ground. He tried to search for his gun, but he couldn't find it and was getting worried.

"Oh yea, we almost forgot something." Brock said as 8-BIT took out Rico's gun. "We saw this laying on the ground besides you, is this yours?"

Rico yelled in surprise, "MY GUN!" That sudden scream made Brock and 8-BIT jump. Before Rico said anything else, 8-BIT passed the gun to Rico. Rico tried shooting once, it's damaged, but still works. Rico was overjoyed.

After a few seconds of silence, Brock broke the silence and said to Rico. "Since you're still injured, you have to stay there until we finished fixing you up." Instead of listening, Rico ignored him and shouted, "Duck down!" The two others got surprised and did as Rico said. Rico activated his Bouncy Castle gadget, and started shooting towards a wall, the balls bounced around for a bit. Suddenly, Rico magically felt better, his injuries were gone and he stood up. Brock and 8-BIT was in disbelief, they both opened their mouth but couldn't utter a word.

Rico can finally function normally, but he was still a bit curious on why he got attacked and couldn't remember too much. "I can already tell you still have many questions... For some reason, the three of us got accused of something we didn't even do and now we're being chased everywhere by other brawlers trying to capture us... I know you probably wanna go outside now, but it's really best you stay in this bunker with us and go outside when it's really necessary." 8-BIT warned Rico. "And the most important thing is, keep this place a secret!"

Rico thought for a bit, he only meet those two for a while, should he even trust them? He asked, "Are you saying we should join forces?" 8-BIT did a quick nod. Rico remembered these two were willing to save his life, and they don't really look like the type of person to betray someone. So Rico decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and gave them a thumbs up, showing that he's willing to join them. In response of that, 8-BIT gave him a smile.

To be continued...