The Day We Met.

I remembered the day Mike and I met.  I had gone to recess with all the other kids around my age.  We were in Kindergarten.  I was a shy kid and didn't really talk to many people.  A group of boys shoved me on the woodchips as I attempted to climb up the ladder to get to the slide.
      ''Your last in line,'' They insisted glaring at me.  I sat up and moved the woodchips off of my face.  There was a little bit of blood where the wood chips poked my cheek, but not a ton.  I didn't know why I couldn't make friends.  Why no one liked me.  Why I sat alone at lunch for the past five months waiting for someone to sit by me or invite me to their table. 
     I made my way to a swing and quickly sat on it making sure no one could take it.  I grinned.  There wasn't many recesses where I got to have a swing.  I felt proud.  I swung as high as I could go without being pushed.  As I slowed down I saw a boy standing alone in the playground looking around him.  He had short curly black hair in a bowl cut and freckles across his cheeks.  He looked scared.
            His eyes met mine and he started walking up to me. Oh no. Was he going to push me off? I panicked and stared at him nervously as he came closer to me. He stopped right in front of me.  I let out a breath of relief and looked up at him.
     ''Hey,'' He said giving me a small smile.  ''Do you wanna be my friend?''
      My eyes widened in shock by his offer.  No one has ever asked me to be their friend before.  I didn't even know him.  What if he was mean?  I studied his welcoming face.  I finally smiled back accepting him.  I could use a friend.  It might be fun.
    ''Yes,'' I answered him giving him a big smile. 
    His face turned noticeably joyful.  ''Cool,'' He said grinning. ''My name's Mike, short for Micheal.''
    ''I'm Will,'' I replied grinning back. I had a feeling we would be great friends.  Maybe even best friends. 
    He slowly walked up to me and tapped me on the shoulder.  ''Tag, you're it!'' Mike yelled laughing and running away.  I laughed and got off the swing running after him.