CHAPTER 30

GIDEON'S POV:

The stupid alarm woke me up so early that's why I decided to drink coffee at the garden. I don't usually read these kind of books. Books about law or anything that would make me smart are the books that I want. Not some kind of novels. I just saw this in the library and the tittle caught my attention.

'Forever be wishes'

That's the title of the story. Written by an author I have never heared before. The author was Toni Medina. Hindi ko alam kung ako lang ang hindi nakakakilala sa kaniya o sadya'ng hindi lang talaga siya sikat.

*Author: Ininsulto ko na sarili ko, ha?? Happy???? Tss. d-.-b*

Hindi ako mahilig sa love story. Kung love story nga ba'ng matatawag ang storya'ng 'to. Sadya'ng kapansin-pansin ang naging title nito. Hindi ko maintindihan. Kaya siguro naantig ako'ng basahin para malaman kung ano ang ibig-sabihin noon. I continued reading the story.

'She's pretty...She's rich...She's famous...And she's perfect for me...Lahat ng tipo ko sa isang babae ay nakuha niya. Siya si Yna. Ang babae'ng nakaagaw ng atensyon ko. Hindi niyo ako masisisi dahil siya iyong babae na hindi mo inaakala'ng mag-e-exist. Imagine-in niyo...maganda, maputi, matangkad, matalino, sexy, mabait pa! Jesus! She's a full damn package!'

I smirked. "Very much like Tala." I whispered without taking my eyes off the book.

I continued reading the book. I can't deny that this story is entertaining. Ang dami'ng laman. May sense rin ang bawat salita na sinasabi niya. At totoo'ng pwede'ng mangyari sa totoo'ng buhay. Hindi ko alam pero naiisip ko si Tala. Iniisip ko na siya ang bida'ng babae at ako naman ang lalaki.

God! Since when did I imagine those kind of stuffs?!

Sa kwento ay nagugustuhan ng lalaki sa babae. Like Tala, the female character has a lot of suitors. But the male lead feels lucky because the girl became his friend in a short period of time.

'Hindi naman sa pagmamayabang pero...may maipagmamalaki rin naman ako. I'm handsome...rich...mabait rin naman kung minsan...and I am freaking genius!...I am one hell of a man that every girls would wish for...but, unfortunately...Yna's different.'

I nodded. "She's also different." ani ko na tinutukoy si Tala.

"Who is she?"

dO_Ob

I almost jumped from the chair when I heared Vanessa's voice coming from the glass door of the garden. She's smiling at me and tried to look at what I'm reading.

"U-uhm...good morning." I greeted. "I'm sorry I didn't inform you that I was going to stay here. Zach told me you're—"

"It's okay, brother. You are always welcome in my home." she said and sat beside me. "Sinabi rin sa akin ni Simon kagabi na dumating ka kagabi kaya alam ko'ng nandito ka." dagdag niya pa. "What are you reading?" she asked and leaned to looked at the back of the back.

As expected, her eyes widened and looked at me. Like me, maybe she cannot believe that I am reading a novel.

"Really, brother?" may tawa'ng lumabas noong tinanong niya iyon. "You're seriously reading a novel?" parang hindi makapaniwala'ng aniya ngunit may bahid ng ngiti sa labi.