Chapter 19: The New Reign

Sonic still holds up Caliburn. King Arthur dissolves into dark matter. Excalibur's scabbard is left behind.

"What the...?!" asked Sonic the Hedgehog.

Scene change

Percival, Gawain and Lancelot arrived and surrounded Merlina at Castle Camelot.

"We have orders from the King. Have you any last words?" asked Lancelot. "Your King was nothing more than an illusion my grandfather conjured up" replied Merlina. "You'd better start explaining, Merlina" said Percival. "Merlina!" shouted Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sonic drops from the sky.

"You! How did you come by that scabbard? Where is the King?!" asked Gawain. "Wait" said Percival as she held back Gawain. "This was all he left after he disappeared in a puff of smoke. Just like one of the Knights of the Underworld..." replied Sonic the Hedgehog. "There was never any King Arthur" said Merlina. "Huh?" asked Sonic the Hedgehog. "Well done and thank you, Sonic" said Merlina as she took the scabbard. "With this scabbard, I can erase my grandfather's greatest mistake..." said Merlina as her hair turned longer. "What?" asked Sonic the Hedgehog. "I shall make this kingdom eternal..." said Merlina as a blast of energy occured. "Sonic, get back!" shouted Caliburn.