Chapter 4; Morning

*Shigaraki's POV*

"Fucking hell." I muttered quietly, continuing to glance at the floor every few seconds as I headed to the bar. It wasn't that long since everyone left my room, but as far as I knew everyone else was asleep.

Slipping into a stool at the bar, I crossed my legs as I started to fidget with my hoodie sleeve. The silence seemed so loud, but in that moment it was welcome.

Pulling out my phone, I began to try and get my mind off everything with a bit of knock off Flappy bird. Not to brag or anything, but I'm fucking awesome at knock off Flappy bird.

"God I'm screwed." I muttered quietly, setting my phone down on the counter. "Why is it always me?" The only answer I got was the game over screen.

I stared down at it, letting my thoughts trail off. Despite the constant effort to keep them from doing so, I always ended up on the topic of the mark on the top of my thigh.

Who could it be this time? Dabi never greets me in the mornings, other than that, everyone else does. Toga has her's, same with Compress. Spinner and Twice don't, but that's even if I'm lucky this time. For all I know, it could be unrequited again. I wouldn't be surprised.

A door behind me opened followed by quiet footfalls.

"Morning." A voice yawned before someone slumped into the seat beside me. Shit. "I wasn't expecting you up this early."

"Shut it." Hawks laughed a bit, scratching at his chin. "You know perfectly well that I don't have a preferable sleep schedule."

"Well, I wasn't expecting you out of your room this morning playing," he glanced at my phone, "Flappy bird, huh? I'll play."

And without a word he stole my phone before starting to play. He barely made it to the five point mark before failing.

I watched him quietly, immediately thinking back to the words. He couldn't be. This isn't fair, not fair.

I snatched my phone back, turning it off.

"Yo the hell?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Uh, okay?"

Grabbing his covered wrist, I jerked him up off the stool, nearly knocking it over as I pulled him back towards the hallway.

"Is there something wrong?"

"When isn't there something wrong?" I muttered, swinging my door open before pushing him inside. With the door shut, I turned back to him.

"Woah, woah, what sort of help are you asking from me?" He grinned a bit teasingly, making me roll my eyes.

"Not interested."

"In me or?"

"Either, just, no. Sit."

He laughed a bit again before sitting down on the floor. His wings wrapped around himself a bit, framing him with his own feathers.

"Well, what do you want?"

"I just, I need to talk to you." I muttered a bit as my hand immediately went up to my own neck. "It's important, at least, it is to me, and I need to talk to you about it."

"Why with me? Don't you usually talk to Kurogiri about your problems?" Hawks tilted his head to the side, extremely bird like.

"Kurogiri doesn't understand feelings that well."

"Bold of you to assume I understand feelings."

"Just shut up and listen alright?" I snapped, glaring at him this time. "It's important to me and you're the only one I trust enough to say something to."

One thing I have learned about Hawks since he started staying at the bar was how well he could deal with emotions. Better than anyone else here at least.

Hawks tilted his head a bit to the side in the stupid curious look he had, eyes quickly scanning over me before he nodded at me.

"Well, go on?"

With a sigh, I began to pick at my wrist.

"You know the whole bullshitery thing around my soulmate?" He didn't respond verbally, he simply nodded. "I was wanting to talk about what's happened. I don't know what is going on, and you're one of the only people in the league with a good working brain."

"Well working sounds better."

"Will you shut the fuck up? Just for like, five minutes."

"Yeah yeah, I'm listening, go ahead."

With a quick sigh, I began to speak.

"Yesterday, or, was it this morning? This morning I guess, when you had all left, my words kinda, they kinda changed." He didn't seem to understand, or even to have heard.

"And how did that happen?"

"How am I supposed to know that?" I grumbled, starting to scratch at my neck.

"Well, uh, what are they?"

"Morning."

"Morning? Like, good morning?"

"It's just morning."

"Let me see."

"Fuck no."

"Why, is it on your dick or some shit?" Hawks faked laughed. I answered back with a simple glare.

"You know I don't have a dick."

"Okay, fine, fine." He went back to itching at his chin again before tilting his head to the side. "Well, is there a mark?"

"People don't usually feel safe enough to touch me. There isn't one." I scratched back at my neck as he continued to look me over.

"Well, it's not me, is it?"

"It would be my luck, wouldn't it?"

He sighed again, jumping up into a crouching position. I watched him lean a bit closer to be before he flicked the end of my nose.

"Yes?"

"Feel anything?"

"No."

"Then it's not me. We can continue to try and narrow it down." He went back to sitting on my floor, folding his wings back behind him. "I'm assuming it wouldn't be Dabi, at least, that would be a bit screwed up. It should be easy to figure it out as long as it's someone in the League."

"The chances it's someone in this area of Japan is low, let alone just someone in the League."

"Still a chance."

"Alright, I don't want it to be anyone in the League then. This shit is too overrated." I murmured, scratching at my neck again. Hawks simply rolled his eyes.

"Look, we'll figure it out. Promise." He gave me a slight grin, standing back up. "Just, not right now alright?"

"Why not?"

"Unlike you, I actually care about how much sleep I get. If I can sleep all night, you bet I'm going to sleep. You go do your own shit, but I'm going to bed." He headed back to the door. "I'd recommend you trying to as well. It'll probably help make you feel a bit better about all of this."

"Whatever you say." I stood back up, rolling my eyes a bit. "I'll try."

He smiled slightly again, waving again before leaving me completely.

***

Good lord it's been forever.

I'm so sorry it's taken a while, I kinda, lost inspiration, but I got a bit back today.

So yeah.

🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🏳️‍🌈