Chapter 3; Attempting a Good Ending

*Dabi's POV*

Getting to the top of the building this time wasn't hard. It wasn't any of the other million times I climbed it either. No, it was just as easy as it was if I was to walk.

No, not again, not again, fuck.

I had extremely vague remembrance between the last few times I had climbed, and yet I couldn't save him. I couldn't catch him, no, he just went back to falling into the fire, not even looking into my direction this time.

Keigo appeared just as he did every time, spreading his wings wide enough to completely cover the man as he fell. His arms wrapped around my middle loosely before pulling me flush to his chest.

"Kei, please." I murmured against his lips, forcing one arm between us. "Stay right here, please just, stay."

"I'm right here." He made eye contact with me, slowly reaching down to undo my belt again. I quickly slapped his hands away. "Stop it." He growled.

"You stop it." I glared, pushing him away from me. "You're not my Keigo."

"What do you mean firefly?" He allowed himself to get pushed, his arms falling limp to his sides. "Of course I'm your Keigo. Who else could I be?"

"Get away from me, Hawks."

"But Tou,"

"Get away."

Hawks' nose scrunched up as his eyes narrowed at me. His wings began to light up, the flames licking up and burning his wings black until they dusted off of his back entirely.

I couldn't look away no matter how much I wanted to. He wasn't my birdie, I knew he wasn't my birdie, but watching him scream out in pain and anguish? My heart immediately started to speed up, thumping loud enough to shake the entire building.

"Touya, firefly, please." He looked back up, locking his gaze with mine. The gold was completely gone, a striking blue staring back out at me.

I stumbled away immediately, my heartbeat getting even louder. Cold fear gripped me, not letting go or letting up at all. Things blurred in my vision, the watery outline of the fake, burning Hawks turning into His burning outline.

I couldn't do anything to stop myself from falling.

Down.

Down.

The building just seemed to grow, the flames biting and burning every bit of skin I had exposed. I couldn't feel it.

***

I shot up from my previous position, sucking air into my lungs quickly.

"Keigo? Keigo where?"

"Hey, hey shh it's okay. It's okay firefly." His breath ran over my neck as I let my eyes flutter shut again. "Everything's okay. I'm right here."

His arms looped around my waist from behind, kissing up my neck before stopping at my jaw. I could barely feel it through my scars.

"Don't leave." I held his hands in place to keep him from letting go. I didn't think he even had that intention.

"I won't. I promise I won't. I'm staying right where I am." He kissed down my neck again, slowly starting to pull me back down. "Can I ask you want that was?"

"No."

"Fair enough." He chuckled softly, pushing me back against the bed before laying his head down onto my chest. "You're going to be okay. We're both going to be okay."

***

ʘ‿ʘ

🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🏳️‍🌈