22

there was a blizzard that day in that secluded village, a village where everyone knew almost everyone that lived there. it was small, roughly about a hundred people in population. because of this, most people in snezhnaya didn't even know about it. hence why it's still stood namless 'til this day.

the village was joyful even though they have been isolated by their own nation. the villagers supported one another, they were happy even though they didn't have any recognition from the main land.

that is until an announcement was released.

"is the tsaritsa really visiting us?!"

"oh my, i can't believe it!"

"quick, we must bring out a feast!"

the village was full of joy from the news they just heard. who would've thought that their archon even knew about them? they were ecstatic, excited about the big day they get to see the cryo archon in person.

unbeknownst to them, she had an entirely different plan in store for them.

"dottore, is it ready?"

"yes, your highness."

she was in search of someone who could be in the experiment she was so desperate to make. dottore, also known as the doctor in the fatui harbingers, accompanied the tsaritsa on her mission. he was the only one who knew about the experiment, since he was the one who lead it in the first place.

alas, the day finally arrived. many men surrounded the village, basically trapping them in. to them, they thought it was normal for an archon's level of security to be so tight. but it was actually a way to prevent them from getting out of their own land.

the carriage door opens, people gathered around it. their heads peaked to see their very own archon, toes tipping up so they could get a better look.

but then, bullets sprayed throughout the crowd.

"keep the kids alive! you shall not spare a single adult!" one of the men shouted, charging at the innocent villagers.

they ran the opposite direction, screaming for help. the sound of guns firing at the distance was loud, their ears rang as they ran desperately to live. however, there really was no escape.

when they were sure that every adult in the village had lied down in the thick snow covered in blood, the tsaritsa and dottore got out of the carriage.

they spot the children that were lined up, kneeling at the cold ground covered in thick snow as they sniffled with tears.

they cried out for their parents, whom they saw were laying on the ground lifeless. "poor souls." the cryo archon mumbled.

dottore could only click his tongue at their whines, "annoying brats. they should be thankful they're still alive."

"now now dottore, don't be so mean." she hushed. while eyeing the children, one caught her eye. she wasn't crying like the rest, nor was she shivering from the cold. she stood there like a lifeless doll, her [E/C] eyes dulled out from what she was seeing in front of her.

"you." she points at the [H/C] girl. "i've finally found you."

°

"you're lying..." your eyes widened as he told his tale.

"am i? well, i can't blame you. you must've forgotten the memories from your childhood when the experiment happened." he drinks from his glass another time, the liquid being close to none.

your head began to ache, feeling pain from everyside. the more you tried to reminisce the pass the more it hurt you. "this isn't... no..."

of course, you had doubts about the tsaritsa actually being your mother. you had realized it when you were old enough to find that just how old she actually was. you knew she wasn't your biological mother, yet wasn't curious as to who your real parents were.