23

childe comes back to the ballroom, but you were nowhere to be found. he grew anxious now that you knew about the reports he sent to the tsaritsa. he was also worried that you might come to hate him if you knew the real reason behind his mission in liyue.

you climbed the stairs to look at the people dancing, but you weren't there. he sighs and went out the hallways, where he saw the tsaritsa staring out the window.

"your majesty! what brings you here?" he bows a bit before walking closer to the archon.

she didn't look at his direction and continued to stare outside, "i simply wanted space."

"i see."

the tsaritsa turns to childe, "do you know the reason behind this occasion?"

"i'm afraid not." his head drops.

"it was to give [Y/N] her delusion, i'm afraid it's about time." she opens her palm, revealing a small delusion in the shape of the fatui's symbol.

childe's eyes widen, "don't you... think it's a bit too soon?"

"hm? and why is that?" she retracts her hand, bringing the delusion back. "are you saying that my judgement is wrong?"

"n-no! that's not it!" he immediately added. "it's just..."

"don't worry, i was just scaring you." she laughs. "if you're looking for [Y/N], she headed that way with dottore." she points.

"dottore?"

"i'll leave you be." the archon walks back inside the ballroom, a smirk placed on her lips as soon as she walked pass the ginger.

childe however, was still thinking. what business would you have with dottore? you hadn't met him before, perhaps you went to ask him something?

quickly, he ran towards the direction the tsaritsa pointed. there were maids nearby, so he want and asked if they'd saw you. they did, and guided him where they last saw you.

he arrived at the area where the guest rooms were. he realized that the more he walked through the narrow hallway, the colder it got. it was cold in snezhnaya, but not inside the main palace.

he could see his own breathing, fingertips getting colder as he reached the room at the end of the hall. he looks down, seeing ice had spread on the floor.

he panicked, already having a really bad feeling. he walked faster so he could reach the room where dottore stayed. his hand held the doorknob, it was too cold. he tried to turn it, but it was stuck. "[Y/N]? are you in there?!" he called out.

there was no reply, so he tried to push the door open. the first time didn't work, it didn't budge. "[Y/N]! are you alright?!" the second time he did it, he broke it open.

a gush of cold wind sent shivers down his spine. he stares in the room which was already frozen in ice. the ceiling, the bed, the chair, all ice.

"what happened–" his eyes trailed to the side of the room where he saw you.

you were there standing in front of dottore's body, his chest impaled by a large piece of your ice. your hand was in front of his chest, where blood dripped down all over his torso.

"childe..." he saw your eyes, all black. it slowly turns into it's original color, as the ice started to melt with it.

"y-you...." dottore stutters, blood coming out of his mouth. his lips starts to turn blue, while his hand that was on your cheeks had fell down. "ugh..."

suddenly, he falls with the ice that was piercing his chest. a loud thud was heard, as his body slammed on the ground.

"[Y/N]..." childe's eyes widened.