Chapter 4- Prospects of Marriage

--Alina POV--

"How are you feeling, Mr Russo?" I asked, walking into the boutique to see the said man arranging a bunch of his clothes on the racks.

"Oh, you're back, Alina. I'm feeling better now after taking my medicine. How did the meeting with the client go?" He asked the question with a look on his face that told me he wouldn't have been surprised if it went bad.

"Really well. He was a nice man that smirked a lot, he even fed me breakfast," I replied, putting my motorbike helmet down while simultaneously pulling my notebook of measurements out.

The middle-aged man blinked, clearly not having expected to hear that answer.

"Are you sure you took the measurements of the right person?" He curiously asked, walking over to me as I handed him the notebook, and he looked through the pages, landing on the one with Evander's measurements written on it.

"How incapable do you believe me to be?" I glared, offended.

"No, that's not what I meant. It's just that... that..." I raised a brow at him, waiting for him to think up a good excuse.

"What?..." I waited.

"Don Evander is my most expensive, valuable V.I.P customer. Despite the fact that I have always given him the best service possible, he always had an unsatisfied look on his face... Are you sure that we are talking about the same man?" He looked at me with raised brows.

"He was a handsome man. Brown hair, green eyes, very tall..." I described, looking through my memories that weren't hard to find at all. He wasn't a man that was very easy to forget, I don't think I've ever seen a man so handsome in my life.

But, of course, I would never tell him that, I would never willingly inflate a mans' ego. A woman? Yes, but a man? Definitely not.

"Well, it seems that we're talking about the same man... but still... I do find it quite odd, unless..." Paulo drifted off, blinking in the realisation of something until he looked at me, and a lightbulb went off above his head.

Chuckling to himself, he patted my cheek before spinning on his heel, and walking to the back of the boutique where his office was.

"Unless what?" I called after him, curious.

"Oh, nothing. Nothing at all, Alina," He continued to laugh as I stared after him, just a little bit weirded out.

"Oh, right. You're done for the day. Go home, and get some rest," He popped his head back out to tell me before disappearing once more.

Despite his words, I tidied up around the boutique a little bit, helped some customers out, and once it was lunchtime, decided to go home for the day.

Walking down the streets of the bustling city of Rome, I made my way over to my waiting motorbike, and got on it, strapping my helmet back on, reversing out of the parking lot before continuing on my journey home.

Half an hour or so later, I pulled up to a mansion as the security guard smiled a welcoming smile, pulling open the gates for me as I pulled into the main courtyard.

Unlike Duke Evander's large estate, my home couldn't hold a penny to it, but still, I liked it.

I know that I lived a lucky life. Being the only child in my family, with an overprotective father, and a caring mother, I never had to worry about money, I still don't.

My father was a rich businessman, famous for the hotel chain that he owned. We were well-off, having just above enough money to be able to live comfortably since most of my fathers' hard-earned money went to charity. I've admired him for as long as I can remember, he believed in noblesse oblige, that the rich should take care of the poor, and he did well to live by that moral.