˗ˏˋ₀₀₄'ˎ˗

Great talks, back to dull life.

Toji had a great time the other night. A blast. In contrast to the lively night he had over a bottle of affordable wine and the way you listen to his words like it was golden, the hearty laughs he got from your lips. Tender smiles. The way you brush off the braided locs away from your face, the way your mahogany skin glows under the bright yellow lap emitting from the lamp and the way your legs are stretched out across the sofa.

He felt alive for the time in his life. Toji felt elated. Like he was seeing everything in tinted pink. Relaxed. Slow-moving life. It felt there was no need to worry and be anxious.

Much different from his dull, boring, repetitive life. Rinse and repeat. Same shit all day. Sit on his ass all day staring at the blue-lit computer screen, robotic higher-ups scolding him endlessly for the littlest mistake he might have made on his paperwork. Toji sighs once again for the nth time, he thought about quitting this damned job as much as how many times he sighed today.

It's Friday today though, which means he had two days off work. Thank the heavens.

He loosened his tie around his neck as he made his way to the front door and popped a couple of the top buttons on his dress shirt, he reaches into his to insert the front door key jiggling it open.

"Oh, Toji, you're home." You popped your head around the kitchen doorway before disappearing.

"What? Don't want me aroun' 'ere?" He comes around and leans against the doorway, crossing his arm over his chest as he watches you hover over the kitchen counters. Hurrying to get all the bowls, chopsticks (training ones for Megumi), some cups and chopsticks rest, placing them all strategically on the wooden tray.

"Oh, yes, definitely. Me and Megumi were having a blast before you came along." You sarcastically remark.

Toji snorts though he notes the lack of said kid. He would normally be awake to greet him by the doorway when he arrives home from work, bombarded by all the love, hugs, cuddles and ‘I miss you, papa.’

"Speakin' of the kid. Where is he?"

"Fell asleep on the sofa watching Princess and the Frog." You explain.

Again? This is the 5th time.

"He loves that movie, ya know?" Toji hums, recollecting the time he walked into the living room where Megumi was sitting so still and fixated on the tv with the Disney Movie ‘The Princess and the Frog’, he had sparks and a bright flicker that shined in his eyes. He was in awe. Toji noted the way the little boy would scoot closer to the screen every time, Viviana? Tiara?