Chapter 4: Freshman Exam

Lin Xinghe sorted out the rules of the villain school and confirmed that the thing she needs to worry about most is the freshman exam.

After all, she doesn't know what will be tested.

And fear comes from the unknown.

Gu Taoyao also didn't know what exam room Lin Xinghe would be assigned to. All exam rooms are unknown beforehand. She's been at the school for over a year and none of the exam rooms have been the same and the contents have always differed.

But for the sake of keeping Lin Xinghe's heart at ease, Gu Taoyao waited until noon and took Lin Xinghe back to her dorm room during the lunch break. She turned on her computer and opened the exam livestreaming platform.

Lin Xinghe was slightly startled: "There are even livestreams of the exams?"

"Of course there are. If there can be a Plane Mall, then of course there can also be a Plane Audience. We don't know what world these people come from or if they're highly intelligent creatures. They seem to be very interested in our exams. The school also collaborates with them so that each livestream of the exam room is shown to the students and to them. If you perform well in the exam room, you can get rewards from them and the rewards can be converted into points. But these points can only be used for purchases in the Plane Mall and won't count towards your ranking."

"Can our ranking points be used to buy things from the Plane Mall?

"They can, but it's not worth it. Only people who have too many points to waste would spend them in the mall, or people who don't have any defensive skills that can save themselves. For example, our Modern Era Department is ordinary and mediocre. We can only survive by desperately earning points and buying life-saving equipment."

Watching Gu Taoyao search for the livestream of the new students, Lin Xinghe asked a thoughtful question: "The ability to connect with worlds from different planes proves that the science and technology in this world has surpassed our Modern Era Department's understanding. So why are we still using computers and phones? Why not more high-tech products, like optical brains?"

"I had the same question when I came here. Later I learned that our Principal Wang is someone who loves cyberpunk. He's hip and retro. It's clear that the bracelets, which can make holographic projections, can completely replace phones and computers, but they limited most of its functions, giving us no choice but to use the phones and computers..."

Speaking of this, Gu Taoyao said, "Hey. There actually haven't been many new students lately so there are fewer freshman exams. Look, this is the freshman exam of the Ancient Era Department next door. The number of participants is ten. Because of the freshman protection period, there's no elimination system. As long as you can live to the end, you are guaranteed points."

There's an island on the screen.

It is broadcasted from the host's perspective. Surrounded by tall grass, danger seemed to lurk all around and you could faintly hear wolves howling in the distance.

The host is a young woman who appears extremely delicate, maybe because she's from the Ancient Era Department. When the cyan bracelet displayed a pop-up with information about the exam room, she was a little flustered.

The bracelet displayed the exam question⁠—

Please survive on the island for three days.

Gu Taoyao commented: "This is actually pretty decent. It's not difficult because there's no elimination system. As long as she has a good relationship with the other nine freshmen in the Ancient Era Department and can find food and water, she can easily survive three days and get the guaranteed points."