Chapter 10: Snow Woman (6)

Tang Xin whispered to Lin Xinghe, "It doesn't seem like they smell it..."

Lin Xinghe asked to confirm, "Do you guys smell something weird?"

Chai Yong and the others stopped talking and looked at Lin Xinghe.

Fang Ziyue asked mockingly, "Do you have a dog's nose? Why don't I smell anything?"

Lin Xinghe said, "You might have been marked. Be careful today."

Chai Yong snorted coldly, "Alarmist talk."

Seeing Tang Xin clinging to Lin Xinghe like a dog, Fang Ziyue disdainfully added, "I'm waiting to see how this small and weak girl can protect you from the Snow Woman."

Lin Xinghe glanced at her indifferently and said, "Pray for yourself instead."

After saying that, she left with Tang Xin.

Hearing this, Fang Ziyue became a bit nervous. Lin Xinghe did, in fact, go down the mountain five or six hours earlier than they did. She might have discovered some important clues already. But on second thought, the exam question is to kill the Snow Woman and Lin Xinghe can't use magical items. It's practically impossible for her to pass the exam without following someone in charge of dealing damage.

Fang Ziyue reassured herself and turned back to flattering Chai Yong.

She sniffed.

... There was no smell at all. It must be Lin Xinghe's alarmist talk!

After the snowstorm passed, the weather was exceptionally clear and the winter sun was warm and bright.

Yesterday, it was a deserted town; today, it is completely different.

Groups of people could be seen in two's and three's on the streets. Stores were wide open for business. A small street was particularly lively. Many stalls were set up temporarily, forming a small marketplace. While they sold all kinds of things, they mostly offered daily necessities.

Lin Xinghe finally spotted men on the streets and in the small alleyway, several little boys were building a snowman.

Lin Xinghe retrieved some candy from her backpack and went over to talk to the little boys.

She crouched down so she was at eye level with the kids. With a kind expression, she asked, "Children, do you want candy?"

The children looked at each other hesitantly.

Lin Xinghe opened up her palm and said in a soft voice, "I have soda flavours. There is Cola, Sprite, and orange soda. Which one do you want?"

One of the boys couldn't resist anymore and took one of the Cola-flavoured candies. In a childish voice, he said, "Thank you, Sister."

Seeing this, the rest of the children took a piece of candy one after another.

Lin Xinghe smiled and asked, "The snow was very thick yesterday too. Why didn't you come out yesterday to build a snowman?"

"Mommy and Daddy didn't let me go outside. If I went outside, the bad guys would take me away."

"Why did you come out today?"

"Mommy said we can play outside today."

"Has anyone been taken away by the bad guys?"

"Yes."

"Little Treasure, come to Mommy."

The little boy answered her loudly and got up from the snow.

There was a middle-aged woman close by. She bent down and picked up the little boy. There was a bit of nervousness in her expression. She glanced at Lin Xinghe out of the corner of her eye and without saying anything else, she beckoned to the other boys to leave with her.