23

Saniya

"I win . . . again." I put the pool cue back on it's rack, not bothering to put any of the other materials away.

"I'm done playing, you're not giving me enough of a challenge." I grin at Evander who's currently stirring in his three game losses.

"You're the one who kept messing up my hits by hitting them first." He chuckles.

I walk over the table with my handbag on it, opening the bag and taking out my phone. I tap the screen. No notifications. Jacob still hasn't called or texted me, and I don't think he's planning on it for the rest of the night.

"Still no word from him?" Evander walks over the table and sits in the chair across from me. I shake my head and he sighs in response.

"We're probably not gonna hear from them tonight. Sam's not the type of person to get that stuff over with in a few minutes. I've had to leave our apartment for hours at a time waiting for him to finish his business."

"Alright, enough, I don't want to think about Jacob and Sam having sex right now. Thanks." I cover my face with my hand. He laughs.

I can't help but wonder if Jacob is okay. I barely know Sam, not that Jacob cares, but I just worry for him. He doesn't have the best luck when it comes to choosing good men.

"Hey, Evander?" I look at him from across the table. His eyebrows furrow slightly when I say his name.

"Yeah?"

"Is Sam a good guy?"

"Sam's the best," He doesn't hesitate, "Trust me when I say that Sam is not a bad person at all. He's one of the best guys I know."

His words don't really make me feel any better, but I'm not Jacob's mother, so there isn't much I can do.

Evander's phone rings. He takes it out from his pocket and stares at the screen, as if afraid of answering.

"Give me a second." He gets up from the chair and walks out of the emergency exit door.

I don't bother eavesdropping on the conversation he's having. I don't care for it. I tap the screen on my phone and unlock it, opening my text messages. I press Jacob's contact and begin typing.

You left me here with this bozo to go fuck some guy you just met. Don't be surprised when I steal your wallet, you owe me.

The message stays on delivered for a few seconds. If he wasn't busy he would've read it by now. He's always on his phone.

I sigh and hold the power button, shutting off my phone. I'm not gonna need it for the rest of the night.

Evander

"Do you need a ride to your apartment? I'm outside and the limo is waiting if you need it." Kane's voice comes through my phone's speaker.

In all honesty, I don't want to leave. I'm having fun hanging out with Saniya, and plus, Sam and Jacob might be fucking at the apartment. I don't feel like listening to that.

"No, I'm okay. Thanks boss. Oh, and how did the meeting go?"

"Oh yes, that. It went fine. Speaking of that, I almost forgot to tell you that the schedule has changed. You two actually won't head to Vegas until next Friday. You'll be going on one of my private jets. Could you tell that to Ms. Inara as well? Laurence was trying to reach her but she wasn't answering his calls." His words come out almost too fast for me to comprehend.

"Yes sir." He hangs up. I put my phone back in my pocket.

So, we're going next Friday instead of tomorrow, huh. I guess that gives me more time to prepare for the assignment.

I'm excited for the flight to Vegas; Kane's jets usually have very comfortable interior. Sometimes there'll even be a private bedroom on the plane too. If that's the case, I'm calling dibs before Saniya can.

I open the door and walk back into the room to see Saniya standing by the elevator, holding her handbag.

"C'mon, let's go." She presses the button next to the elevator. I run over to her.

"Where are we going now?" She just smiles at me in response.

I hope she isn't leaving. As much as I hate to admit it, I want to keep spending time with her. Her fingers linger over the floor 1 button, but she presses floor 3 instead. I wonder what could be there.

The door dings and then opens, revealing a very warm colored hallway that looks like it belongs in a hotel. Saniya steps out of the elevator, me following behind her.

"What is this, like a hotel inside the club or something?" I ask her.

"It's more like an apartment complex." She leads me to the furthest door on the left, twisting the knob open and closing the door behind us. The room looks exactly like your average hotel room, only a lot cleaner. There is another door inside to the right, most likely leading to a restroom.

She walks over to the bed and sits down, taking her heels off and tossing them along with her handbag.

Wait a minute. Why would Saniya ever take me to a private bedroom of all places? I mean, I do have an idea, but there's no way she brought me here to fuck me.

She hates my guts . . . doesn't she?