112

Evander

As soon as I first spotted Nya, it was clear to me that this is why Sam practically begged me to come with him to this party tonight. I didn't question his oddly pushy behavior at the time, but now, I've managed to connect the dots. He was planning for this to happen, and I guarantee Jacob is in on it too.

I feel annoyance quickly make its way into my body, which is split between my best friend and his boyfriend for trying to set me and her up like this, for trying to get involved in something that really isn't their business, as well as at her as I'm only reminded about what she did.

I mean, I guess Sam and Jacob are just trying to help, but the alcohol flowing through my veins forces me to gloss over that factor, and instead of feeling gratitude I just feel pissed off.

And now all I'm doing is staring at her as she storms off toward the bar, annoyed with me after the stupid little argument I started. I made it a bit obvious that I was pissed about more than just the events of the other night, and it was clear to me that she started to catch onto that towards the end, which I guess is what encouraged her to walk away. I admit, I might've taken it a bit far and I might've acted a bit like a child, but the alcohol in my body just doesn't let me care about it.

When I first spotted her a few minutes ago when her and Jacob got here, I couldn't help but admit to myself how much I missed seeing her face, even if it was just for a few days, and even though it may not seem like it on the outside, inside I've been practically drooling at the sight of her beauty. She did her makeup, a nice look that definitely suits her, and her entire outfit consists of her stole, her bag, her heels, and her dress.

That fucking dress. I need to know where she got that fucking that dress. It almost makes me want to forgive her right here and now and drop to my knees to worship her. I swear the universe must be teasing me by making her come in this outfit that makes me want to break all restraints I have and do unspeakable things to her right out in the open to show everyone here that she's mine and only mine.

My eyes glaze their way down her body as she walks away, and even though I still feel angry with her, I can't help but let myself admire her looks. Luckily I can still see her as she finally approaches the bar and starts talking to the bartender, though I can't see what they're talking about as she faces away from me.

"Damn." I hear my best friend mumble, before I hear him rustling through his pockets.

I glance over to see him taking out a pack of cigarettes from him pocket, before taking one out and putting it in his mouth. But just as he takes out his lighter and starts trying to light the cigarette, Jacob looks over to see what he's doing and gets visibly annoyed.

"Would you stop with that shit?" Jacob snatches the cigarette out from Sam's lips, catching him off guard, before he tosses it onto the ground.

Sam doesn't say anything, though embarrassment is soon covering his features.

I've tried to get Sam to quit before, but he never listens to me, and after a while I just stopped trying. I guess Jacob is giving it a go now. Hopefully my best friend will listen to his boyfriend so that he doesn't die of lung cancer or some shit.

"Evan, what the fuck was that?"

Jacob moves on from Sam to me, and once his eyes are on me his expression changes from annoyed to frustrated, though I guess they're sort of the same thing, and it's clear that he was not expecting that this is what would've happened.

I sigh, bringing up a hand to pinch the bridge of my nose.

"I know you guys were just trying to help, but her and I . . ." I struggle to find the right words for a moment, "we're just not getting along right now."