Chapter 20

No one's p.o.v.

With the group arriving in Mistral and making themselves at home in a Medium sized house, qrow could finally rest in a bed to let the antidote to the poison do its thing.

Meanwhile the rest of the group were sitting in the living room. Y/n and his little group on one couch, and team RNJR on the other.

Y/n: "Alright....so-"

Jaune: "There better be a good reason why she is with you."

Neo looked down and put her hands on her knees, but y/n put his palm on her shoulder.

Y/n: "Yes, because If I'm gonna stick with you guys, she will too."

Nora: "But why?"

Ruby: "She's working with-"

Y/n: "Ababa! Don't say his name. She's not, because he's no more remember Ruby? You were on the ship when it happened."

Ruby looked a little confused but then remember what happened to Roman. He was eaten by a Grimm on the night of the Fall. The look of realization on her face told y/n she remembers.

Y/n: " He was everything she had. And now he's gone. He may have been a criminal, but he was still like a father to Neo. And i refuse to let her be send Bach to the streets or God knows where because of her history."

Nora: "But she's a criminal. We don't know how many people she killed."

From next to y/n, the sound of Insect-like chatter got louder till everyone's eyes were on the Eliksni Captain.

Ekris: May i?"

Y/n simply nodded and the captain threw in his two senses.

Ekris: "We Eliksni were, and widely still are, one of humanities greatest Enemys. As we integrated into the Last City during the Vex incursion, Opinions were split. Some refuse to let us live in the walls we once besieged. And i can't blame them. But even so, Misraakskel put his trust in humanity, and so did we. Not all of us were fortunate enough to survive the endless night. But the Eliksni started coexisting with humanity within the walls. I lost count on how many civilians I've killed, how many guardians died their final deaths by my hands...but now, here i am, sitting next to my once enemy, as an Allie."

Y/n, with a soft smile toward the captain put his had on his upper arms shoulder.

Y/n: "I really am sorry about your fried Ekris."

Ekris: "It is alright, He is now in the House of Silence..."

The group of 4 were looking at each other, then with sympathy towards Ekris about his story, Ren was about to speak, but y/n cut in.

Y/n: "And if you still insist about the fact that she killed, then i better leave too since my hands aren't clean either."

Nora: "You...killed? Not the alien races but.... People too?"

Y/n: "Not many, but a few..."

A few images flooded into the guardians head, most notably about the forsaken prince who's now a good friends as well as a few of the splinter guardians in the ranks of the dredgen.

Nora: "Alright, alright, i understand... Buuuut....why is she so close to to?"

Looking to his side, Neo was hugging his arm tightly. The guardian just chuckled to himself.

Y/n: " Because she's mine now."

That tuned Neo's cheeks a bit red and she hide her face behind his arm.