Untitled Part 47

"Friends are a strange, volatile, contradictory, yet sticky phenomenon. They are made, crafted, shaped, molded, created by focused effort and intent. And yet, true friendship, once recognized, in its essence is effortless. Best friends are formed by time. Everyone is someone's friend, even when they think they are all alone." ― Vera Nazarian

S P A C E
Mukti was sitting alone on the stairs when Cabir came there and sat beside her. Mukti looked at him and turned her face again.

"What are you doing here? Are you back again to give your gyan to me?" She said in a sharp tone.

"Mukti, what has happened to you all of a sudden? Why are you behaving like a jealous girlfriend?" Cabir looked at her.

Mukti looked at him with wide eyes. "Are you serious! What the hell are you saying?"

"It's not me, Mukti. It's your behavior." Cabir took a long breath and turned her towards him holding her shoulders. "I can understand your concern for Manik. He is our friend too and we all are also concerned for him. But that doesn't mean we can interfere in his life always."

"When did I interfere in his life? I was just asking about his whereabouts. He didn't contact with us since yesterday and he didn't even show up in the college today without informing anything. So, now can't I even be worried for him?" Mukti cut him in between.

Cabir nodded his head. "You can, Mukti. You can. But you have to understand that we are not kids anymore. We have grown up and things have changed between us. We can't be the same all the time, right? Now Nandini is a part of Manik's life. They have gone through so much and then they have had so many problem between them. They are trying to sort the distance between them and know each other better. So, as their friend, we should give them the space."

Mukti heard him attentively but didn't say anything in response looking at nowhere particular.

Cabir smiled knowing her mind has started working. Now she just needed the last push. "But the best part is Manik never ignored us for Nandini nor she forced him to do so. We have got another friend in her. Also he is getting the love from her which he has craved all his life. Aren't you happy for Manik?"

"I am happy for Manik, Cabir. I am happy for him, there is no doubt in that. But it's just that the changes are a bit hard to be used to. I will try better to give the space they need from now on." She smiled curtly.

Cabir wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "That's like our lady bheem. Now let's go. I am hungry. Everyone is already waiting for us in the canteen."

Mukti laughed hearing him being hungry. They left for canteen.

M A N I K' S   P L A C E
After the jamming session, Manik and Nandini were sleeping peacefully in each other's embrace. They were completely naked under the duvet. Manik was lying on his back and Nandini was sleeping on his one arm while his other hand was placed on her waist. Nandini's one hand was on his chest while the other one was under her. His face was hidden in his neck.

Manik is the first one to wake up hearing the sound phone buzzing. He frowned in sleep and opened his eyes being irritated. He got up and immediately off the phone without seeing the caller id as he didn't want to wake up his wife. She scowled in sleep but didn't wake up. He went back to her keeping the phone aside. Manik started admiring the beauty in his arms and lightly pecked her lips without disturbing her sleep.

"Nandini...

Just a year back, there was no existence of this girl in my life nor there was any way to. If she was like some other random girl who is  scared of Fab5, then she would have never ended up here. She wouldn't have fascinated me this much. Times passed and I kept on being pulled towards her. The more I tried to stay away from her, the more she attracted me. I couldn't stay away from her and now we are here this way.