~8~

Miana

I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

“I don't like this one” I said as I looked directly into mama's eyes.

“But it looks great on you honey” sabi pa nya.

“My clevage is exposed, my back is exposed. I don't like it” I reasoned making her shake her head defeatedly.

We were currently picking out a dress for my wedding. My mom had to drag me here earlier this morning. She even brought my freinds so we have lots of company and also ninang Tanya.

The staff brought another dress wedding dress.

I was prepared to find some reasons to not wear the dress but I didn't expect it to suit my taste.

It was a tube dress. The waist has some small white flowers. The whole dress was shining when hit by light. There were white roses at the end of the dress and a ribbon on the back.

I stared at the dress in awe. Looks like I found the dress perfect for me.

I put it on and stared at myself in the mirror. I like it.

“This, honey suits you very much” sabi nya at nag standing ovation.

Pagkatapos ko ay sila naman nila Jia, Dzai, Tanz at Jewl ang sumunod sa akin.

I watched them happily pick a dress and wearing them. Sadly I cannot find the same happiness they are feeling.

“Mia, honey are you okay?” my mother asked me. I only smiled sadly.

“I know that it is hard for you to suddenly get married without a say in this situation but... I hope you understand that this was set a long time ago. Before you were born.” sabi ni mama which made my eyes water.

“Pero ma, bakit ako? Alam kong ako lang naman ang anak nyo ni papa pero... bakit ngayon pa? Bakit kami pa ang in-engage sa mga Garcia? Hindi ba pwedeng ang susunod na henerasyon na lang?” I asked her, she smiled before replying.

“Anak, we know that you don't hold any man dear in your heart. After what happened to you with... you know we've decided that it's best to engage you with someone we know a lot and that wouldn't dare to lay a finger on you and because there was also a marriage proposal from the Garcia's we accepted it. It's all for your wellbeing anak.” Sabi nya, hoping I would understand their intentions.

Well kahit naman animal na hayop na mananap na demonyo si Sky hindi nya naman magagawang bastusin ako.

I smiled in acknowledgment to my mom. I finally understand why they did that. But I still don't like the fact that I'm going to get married to him.

I guess I'll just have to slowly accept that fact.

“But mom after we get married and I fell in love with someone would I be permitted to annul our wedding?” I asked her hopefully. I hope she says yes.

“Hindi pa nga kayo kinakasal annulment na iniisip mo. Can't you just enjoy a lifetime with him?” Pagkasabi nya nun ay napaisip ako. Can I enjoy a lifetime with him?

I search all over my mind and heart for the answer but I didn't find it.

Bumuntong hininga si mama and shook her head.

“You can” sabi nya which made me smile.

“I can?!” I said excitedly. Oh I better find a suitable man that can pretend to fall in love with me and I'll also pretend to fall in love with him and we'll-

“As long as you produce a heir” I momentarily stopped when her words reached my ears.