[ 2 ]

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   *     ✦ .  
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓

chapter two

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   *     ✦ .  

"crap-"

A GUST of wind slices through the air and the momentum of the speed causes the objects and debris in the area to rise. To others, uncomprehensible to the human eye, your form might've been a smudge of blur passing by, probably a strong wind from the north. It was a sort of costumary distinction in which people don't ask alot, as Jasper holds plenty of surprises, and trust me, they wouldn't even bat an eye. You keep running, walking quickly, not exactly breaking into a run (as you are aware of the devastation that could be caused by your mini-marathon), occasionally checking the time on your watch.

Two seconds had only passed.

You suddenly stop in front of a stop sign, causing a small - harmless - explosion of dusts in your area, the wind blowing your hair forwards. The area shrouded with smoke. Tapping your chin in thought, you glance to the right side of the road, before trailing it to the left. A familiar building had caught your eye, and you did a double take.

'The school!' You took a step forward.

Your lips turned into a frown when you notice the commotion brewing at the gate of the school, blocking every possible entrance that could grant you. There was a subtle flicker of stars in your eyes when you spot the open window on the 5th floor.

The stars shimmered brighter in the carcass of your eyes. "Physics is also on the fifth floor."

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   *     ✦ .

A SWIPE
. A grab, and a duck.

"Miko what are you doing?!" Jack yelled through gritted teeth in a harsh whisper, flustered, as he snatches his notebook back from the grabbing hands of the japanese girl.

He ran over to the side of the empty classroom, hiding behind the teacher's podium.

"I forgot to do my physics homework!" She whined with a slump of her shoulders. "Just let me see a bit pleaseee."

Jack ducked again, just in time for another lunge, pondering about the absurdity of the situation. Yesterday, after escaping the wrath of Arcee - because he initially had made her late to a mission, well, yeah great. thanks mom . He managed to finish his homework without any disturbances, under the care of Ratchet, all the while a certain someone was having a blast outside.

To be fair, he wasn't like his mother, who pressed and nagged him to do his homework at all hours of the day and night. The very same person to scold when he did played a teeny tiny bit of games on his phone. He prompted himself to be more lax and carefree, as oppose to Raphael, who would also reprimand him everytime he'd do stupid shit. For Miko, on the other hand. Well, he always pitied Miko and let her do whatever she wanted, but he sometimes he came to regret spoiling her.

"No-" He panted, his raven locks once again shielding his face as he rolled againts the floor. "We got caught last time! How did you not learn from it?!"

He frowned, reminiscing the scolding he got and, most likely, the stack of homeworks piling up from underneath his desk. Miko was lucky Jack wasn't such a snitch, or else they would've had two funerals packed in one day. They both continue to argue, oblivious to the woman hanging by the window of the building's fourth floor.

"Just go and receive your fate, you probably don't even know how to answer this thing."Jack leaps onto the table, raising his notebook into the air.

"But I don't want to dig another grave!" She pouted, her cheeks flushing in irritation.

"Gimme!"

Miko, from her vantage point, struggles to snatch for it, hands swiping it every now and then.

"Then, you should've done it instead of going with bulkhead!"

" He and wheel jack got to punch some cons!"

"How is that anything related to your homework!??"

"It's fun!"

"But you have homework!"

"YEah but-"

CREAK

Miko turns her gaze to the window , confusion etching her face. The sound of creaking continues and Jack - annoyed by the sudden interruption - did the same. They feel their souls leaving their body as they see an idiot from the window.

That idiot is you.

You were hanging by the window, trying to shove the rest of your body through the small crevice of the frame. Your tongue stuck out of your lips, hanging by the side of your cheeks in avid concenration, oblivious to the two children, while you try to pry the upper window open. You stop your shuffling and look through the glass, both hands wrapped around the handle.

You blink owlishly, eyes shimmering from the lack of teacher in the classroom, and then it turns into a confused gaze as you weren't expecting anyone to come, to say the least. You look back at the window, half of your legs swinging idly in the classroom, while your torso , twisted in slight discomfort, bolted upright in the open air.

"hi" You gave a small wave.

"What in the holy f u c k-"

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   *     ✦ .