Chapter One

I woke up to the sun peeking through the red curtains of my bedroom. This was the last morning I would be waking up in this room for a while. You see, I had always dreamed of going to explore new places and now came the amazing opportunity to go and travel. I would be leaving home for a while and to be honest I was a bit scared to go alone on this journey, but I guess there comes a time in your life where you just have to let go and take chances.

I stared at the ceiling of my room and stretched. Gladly I was done packing and had time to spare. Or so I thought until there was a knock on my door and I heard the door squeak as it opened. "Danielle, are you up?" My mum spoke. I nodded and managed to get out a sound that was supposed to mean "yes". "You should get up. It's 11am already and your plane leaves at four. I groaned as I heard the bedroom door close and pushed the blanket off my body. I stayed there for a couple of minutes until I forced myself to get up. As I walked towards the window and pushed aside the curtains to let the sun in. I smiled. After the long months of snow and darkness, it was finally the long waited June and the sun was out.

I stepped towards the dresser and picked out dark blue skinny jeans, a simple white tee and a black (zipper) hoodie.

The hallway was filled with the smell of frying bacon and hot coffee, making me even more hungry. I made my way into the bathroom and layed my clothes on the small counter. The tiled floor was cold under my bare feet, making me shiver a little. I took a quick hot shower and then got dressed.

After I was done with everything, I went into the kitchen where my mother was drinking coffee and reading some magazine. My father had already left for work as he did every morning.

---

After I had eaten my breakfast and packed the last things my mum insisted me on packing I was done and it was already time to go.

The airport was the place it all kicked in. The slight fear and the anxiety. The thought of going alone to somewhere I had never even been before made it all worse. I turned around and looked at my mum and my dad who had came to send me off. I took a deep breath and I could tell my parents saw that my anxiety was kicking in. "Maybe you shouldn't go?" My mum said and I instantly shook my head. I knew she or my dad would say that. They were against the trip at first, when I first told them. But eventually they gave up and understood my plans.

My flight was called out and I quickly hugged my parents.

"Call me when you get there!" Dad shouted as I walked off. "We love you!" They shouted. I looked back once more before they faded into the distance.

---

Sorry for the crappy writing, but I still hope you like it. Also sorry for any errors.