Chapter Two

The plane ride was as usual. Long and boring. As always it made me anxious. All of the pressure together: the thought of the trip, the suspense of what the journey held and the plane ride.

The Los Angeles airport was filled with people, running to catch their flights, hugging their long missed loved ones and sitting there waiting for their flights. The baggage claim area wasn't any better either. Everyone were grabbing their luggage from the luggage carrousel and to be honest I had never seen such a mess before. Luckily I could grab my baggage before more people came and I was out of the crowd.

Getting a taxi was a bit of a struggle again, but not something I couldn't handle. Eventually I got a taxi and finally was on my way to my new home for some time. The hotel.

The city was so different and beautiful from what I was used to. The city was in lights which made it even more beautiful. The sky was so dark behind the lights and that made me wonder what the clock read. Maybe it was somewhere near 1 in the night. All I knew was that I was getting more and more tired with every second and I couldn't wait to get to the hotel already.

Gladly the car ride wasn't as long as I'd thought, so after I had paid the driver and gotten my bags I was off to the hotel to claim the key to my room.

The middle aged lady at the front desk was really nice and welcoming and even helped me by telling me some main places I should most definitely go to. I thanked the nice lady and was now on the hopes of finding my room quickly.

My room number was 417 and finally I found it. As I layed down my bags on the floor and took in the surroundings, I smiled. The living room and kitchen area had light, light red walls and a bit darker wooden floors. On the left were two big doors. Or you could say one huge door. Behind them was the bedroom. The walls were a bit more lighter shade of red again with the same floors. The big king-sized bed was made in a perfect way. It all was so perfect I actually didn't believe all of it at first.

The lack of sleep started showing up again after all the admiring was done, so I decided to unpack the things I had the next day and for that moment I would just go off to dreamland.

---

In the middle of the night I woke up because of the need to go to the bathroom. Since I was already up from the bed I decided to get a cup of water. Ignoring the fact I was still extremely tired and was practically sleepwalking. As soon as I reached the little kitchen corner and filled up the cup I heard a loud thump. Not sure where it came from and thought it probably was my imagination I took a sip of the water, before there was another loud thump. That one for sure came from behind my door. I was sure of it and I was sure that the sounds weren't just my plain imagination. As I went closer to the door I heard a loud laugh. Probably some guy. I wanted to open the door and go check but shot a glance at what I was wearing. Short blue pajama shorts and a white tank top. So it wasn't such a good idea, depending on the fact that there was probably a guy or maybe more out there. So I turned around and made my way back to the bedroom with my water. The sounds became quieter at the same time. Soon enough I fell back into the same peacful sleep.

I woke up at about 11am. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to leave it. I didn't really have to leave it though, but staying bed for the whole day while you were in the City of Angels wasn't such a good idea. So, I stretched one last time, hopped out of the warm and comfortable bed and made my way into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After I'd done all of the things I needed I went into the bedroom to find something to wear. Since my stuff was still in the suitcases I jusy emptied the small amount of clothes on the bed and picked out red shorts, a black tee with white print on it, saying"new york", a thin denim jacket.

( http://thepolyvorecollection.tumblr.com/image/41316413284)

As I was dressed I put away the things I had into the small dresser and the other stuff into the bathroom.

I opened the window and sat on the bed. My stomach reminded me to eat by making a horrifying noice, but before I had to call my mother. The phone rang a few times before she answered in a sleepy voice. That's when I realized there were timezones. Stupid me. "Sorry, I totally forgot you'd be sleeping." I said. "No problem sweetie. How's the life at the sunny side?" She whispered and I chuckled a little.

"Everything's nice so far. The room where I am staying is unbelievably beauriful. Well for me anyway."

"Good to hear your safely there." She said and I could hear her smiling.

"Yeah," my stomach growled again, "but I'll let you sleep. I need to head out for breakfast."

"Okay, take care hun'."

I grabbed my sunglasses, my bag and put on my Converse sneakers before heading out. The nice woman was still at work so I made my way to her. She greeted me with a nice smile. "Good morning. How did you sleep?" She asked, with the same warm smile. "Very nicely. Uhm, I was wondering if you could tell me any good and cheap places to eat?"

She nodded. "There's a nice little dining place in the hotel but there's also a great cafe near by."

I decided for the cafe and she gave me the directions. I put on my sunglasses and stepped out.

The weather was so warm and you could feel the sun on your skin. I smiled to myself and people probably thought I was weird.

Finding the cafe wasn't hard and I was eventually there. Hungry as a wolf. I sat down at a little table by the corner and ordered a milk coffee and some salad with a cheese croissant. The cafe was little, the lights were dimmed and the environment was really relaxing. The people were talking quietly and the music was playing silently.

Soon enough my food came and my stomach was finally full.

After eating and paying I went to explore the town a little bit. I ended up buying myself new shorts and a tee. I went for food shopping to fill the little fridge in my room.

By the time I was done with the exploring of the shops I hopped by the Starbucks and grabbed myself a simple coffee. I really shouldn't have drank so much coffee in one day, but it kept me going.

By the time I arrived back at the hotel it was 6pm. Instead of the lady there was a younger man at the desk now. He greeted me with a smile and I continued to my room with my bags.

As I was waiting for the elevator a guy stood next to me. Wearing a gray hoodie with he hood over his head. I couldn't see his face. The elevator doors opened and the people got out before we stepped in. "Which floor?" he asked. His voice was oddly familiar. Very familiar. If only I could have seen his face. "Fourth." I said. He nodded before he said, "me too." He stood in the corner of the elevator as we were taken up. I still didn't see his face. Dang. We were up. He walked behind me as we walked in the long corridor. The footsteps stopped and I approached my door as well. It seemed that his door was only a few doors away from me and on the opposite side of the corridor. He looked back towards me and it was when I recognized who it was.

---

Sorry for any errors. Also, I've never been to Los Angeles or USA, lol, so I may not get everything right. So bare with me. I've never stayed to live in a hotel so that is new for me too. Yeah, so if you like it vote and comment. Thanks! :)