Chapter Five - Of Perverts and Swordsmiths

We departed from the Final Selection in good spirits. We passed, we were alive. And of course, it didn't go nearly as bad as Ōnisama expected.

By the time we were slowly approaching Oji-san's home, the sun had set behind the horizon and the sky was colored midnight blue, stars dotting the sky. My legs burned from exhaustion, a combination of constantly using Thunder Breathing for the past week and just walking home.

The walk seemed to be longer than it was a week ago. But that was probably just me.

Ōnisama offered to carry me on his back during the last stretch of the walk, but I declined. I knew his legs were burning too, and I didn't want to cause him any more pain than he already was in.

"Ōnisama!" I screeched, as I felt him sweep me up in his arms and run.

"Come on Ka-chan!" he laughed, "It's rude for a gentleman to let his little sister walk when she's in pain!"

I threw my head back and laughed. It's been a while since we were so carefree.

Even during these past few years, we were always focused on training or other things. Right now, we were just freely existing.

As we saw Oji-san's house approach the horizon, Ōnisama grinned and called out, "Oji-chan! We're back!"

The door seemed to open up seconds later, and Oji-san's eyes widened in relief and seemed to smile at the sight of us running home.

Once we finally arrived, Ōnisama gently set me on the ground and we each hugged Oji-san, who, deep under his breath whispered, "I'm glad you're home safe. Zenitsu. Karin."

~Fifteen Days Later~

Since returning from the Final Selection, Ōnisama and I have been spending the next fifteen days resting while waiting for our uniforms and Nichirin katana to arrive.

I've been spending most of my time tending to Ōnisama's more serious wounds, cleaning them and re-wrapping them in gauze.

As I re-wrapped the gauze around Ōnisama's forearm, I heard a distant twinkling sound, sounding similar to glass gently knocking into each other. I finished wrapping the wound as soon as I heard the sound of knocking at the door.

Since Oji-san was out, I went to answer the door and was surprised to come face to face with a man wearing a large hat, glass trinkets hanging from the rim.

"Um, hello," I stuttered out, very startled at the sight in front of me, "Is there something you need, sir?"

"Is this the home of Agatsuma Karin and Agatsuma Zenitsu?" the mysterious man asked.

"Yes," I answered, my hands behind my back and twisting together nervously.

"My name is Kōrai," the man said, lifting his head to reveal a hyottoko mask, "And I am here to deliver you your katana and uniform."

"Oh," I let my arms relax to my side, "Thank you, ah, you can come if you'd like?"

Kōrai-san shook his head, lowering it back down again, "I apologize, however, I am unable to. I must return to the Swordsmith Village as soon as possible. Hopefully before Haganezuka returns." The last part was said under his breath, as though he didn't intend for me to hear.

"That's alright, Kōrai-san," I smiled ignoring his whispered comment on the man, Haganezuka-san, "I'm sure you are rather busy forging katana. I'm grateful you came all this way to deliver them."

"It is no problem, Agatsuma-san," Kōrai bowed, passing the packages to me, "I will take my leave now. I hope we will encounter each other again. As long as your or your brother's katana are not broken, that is."