Chapter Seven - A Small Gift of Wisteria

After running into that rude man, I headed to Misaki Alleyway, asking a kind looking woman with her daughter to point me in the right direction.

"You mean the Misaki Alleyway?" she questioned, her hand clasped tightly around her daughter's wrists in concern, "Are you positive? A few young ones died there just last night, about your age."

I smiled at her in reassurance, though I felt it seems shaky, "Uh, yes Miss. The place were I need to go is right near Misaki Alleyway."

The woman sighed, "Alright, but be careful. Just go down a few more blocks and turn right at the crossing, it should be right in front of you at the end of Yako."

I bowed politely to her, and took out a small vial of wisteria fragrance, handing it to her.

"Thank you for the help Miss. A small bottle of wisteria fragrance for your help."

The woman's eyes widened and she shook her head, trying to hand the bottle back to me, "Oh there's no need to thank me dear, just staying stay would be enough."

"Oh but I insist!" I said, pushing it closer to her again, "I have so much already, this is barely a dent in my supply! Please take it."

The woman hesitated for a moment before signing in defeat, a faint smile on her lips. She carefully uncorked the top and brought it to her nose, taking a deep breath of the fragrance.

"This smells divine!" she exclaimed, bending down and giving her daughter a smell, "Smell this, Misa, it's your favorite flower."

The child next to her gently took the small bottle and smelled it, a wide grin taking over her cute features.

"Wow! This smells good Miss, thank you!"

I kneeled down to meet Misa's height and smiled, "Thank you very much! So wisteria is your favorite flower? Well it's mine too!"

Misa's eyes widened in child like excitement, "Really!? You're so cool Miss!"

I chuckled and took out another small bottle, "Here you go, Misa-chan. Another perfume just for you! Take care of it, and I hear that wisteria can protect you when your scared, so take care of this bottle okay?"

Misa smiled widely at me, her mouth missing a few teeth, "I will Miss! Thank you so much for the gift!"

"Take care of it okay?" I smiled at her again before standing back and bowing once again to her mother, "Thank you for the directions Miss! I hope to see you two again."

She smiled warmly at me, "No, no thank you. I haven't seen Misa warm up to a stranger as fast as you in quite some time. Thank you again, for the fragrance and I hope you stay safe in Misaki Alleyway."

I nodded, "No need to worry about me! I'll be okay!"

Hopefully.

After bidding our final goodbye, I headed towards Misaki Alleyway, arriving just a few minutes before the sun set.

The alleyway was in a relatively distant spot from the main bustling Harajuku center, but it wasn't entirely strange that teenagers were hanging around here in their spare time.

There was no sort of security in the area strangely, entirely unexpected on my part.

If this were a city that people believed to be the work of a serial killer, why weren't there any police or even tape to secure the area of the most recent deaths?

My heart raced with nerves and my palms felt unnaturally sweaty as I entered the alleyway, the little light to dotting the sky seeming disappearing behind a canopy of darkness.

The alley felt damp and heavy, and it still felt as though the deaths happened seconds ago, rather than a day.

I stepped further into the alleyway and the rotting smell of blood filled my nose. Chocking back vomit, I walked to the end of the alleyway, blood still staining the ground, hand gripped tightly around the hilt of my katana.

I closed my eyes, and let the sound enter my head. No other senses left to disturb the intake of sound.

My head whipped upward just as something came crashing down above me. Quickly, I rolled over so my back was facing the opening of the alleyway.

My heart lurched at the sight in front of me.

A Demon, it's body seeming covered in rope and thread of varying thickness with red bulging eyes faces me; it's mouth was open, and the head of what I presume is a police officer sat in its mouth, mouth open, as if still screaming for help.

The Demon's eyes lit up at the sight of me, quickly dropping the head of the police officer and dropping it on the ground, stomping on it. I winced and the grip on my sheath tightened even further.

Here we are.

My first battle with a Demon as a Demon Slayer.

I hope I can survive this.

And I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do with the Wind Hashira after this!

Taishō Era Secrets!
Misaki Alleyway was nicknamed after a young man that died there after a drunken incident with his girlfriend, where he was murdered by her. Since then, the alleyway had been home to many horrendous events; seemingly cursed by Misaki's spirit.

Taishō Era Secrets (Part Two!)
The original name of Misaki Alleyway was Fukuro Alleyway, as it was commonly home to owls in the daytime.

• Authors Notes •
I don't really have anything to say... So, hope you enjoyed this small chapter!

That all for now!

Jā matane