Chapter Eight - A Twisting Thread

Barely having time to dodge, the Demon lunged towards me, it's talons, marked by blood, reaching greedily towards me.

Jumping back, I let out a faint hiss and reached my hand up to my cheek, pulling it away to find my fingertips stained with red.

"Hehe~" the demon cackled, dripping the blood from his nails into his mouth, "it's been a while since I've tasted a blood so sweet, girlie!"

I felt shivers of disgust run down my spine and I gripped my hilt tightly; sliding my feet into position for my breath.

"Thunder Breathing: Fifth Form: Heat Lightning!" I darted forward, quickly pulling my katana out and slashing it forward in a single, focused slash. My braid whooshed behind me, and I glanced over my shoulder quickly at the sound of an ear splitting screech.

"You now, girlie," the demon groaned, turning around to face my again, blood pouring from his missing leg, "I'll enjoy wrapping you up in my threads!"

The demon's leg sprouted several thick, white threads, similar to gauze in appearance, and wrapped itself in the shape of a leg and hardening, regrowing the leg near instantly. The demon grinned wickedly at me, my face of disgust clearly amusing him, "Scared now, girlie? Hehe~"

Ignoring his jabs and trying to bury down my own rising fear, "Quiet."

The demon laughed joyfully, and in vague horror, I watched thick and winding threads erupt from the demons neck, racing and winding their way towards me.

Quickly, I jumped further back to the entrance of the alley, hoping to protect the people who have the misfortune of coming across the alley at this time. Luckily, most of my fears for the innocent are quenched, mostly due to what Misa-chan's mother had told me of this alley.

I closed my eyes and slowed my breathing down, listening carefully to the sounds bouncing off the threads and analyzing how the threads land on the grid in my mind. Waiting till the threads were nearest my face, I released my breath and slashed my katana in front of myself, opening my eyes at the last second to see the threads falling to the alley floor.

Taking advantage of the demons brief surprise, I lunged forward, "Thunder Breathing: First Form: Thunderclap and Flash!"

I felt myself fly forward, the wind rushing through me briefly, like a splash of ice water. I felt my blade cut through something and, skidding to a stop, I whipped back to see the demon's body crumbling to the floor.

"Ah!" The demon let out a soft breath of surprise before its head hit the ground, the arms of the body still reaching forward.

The head rolled near the entrance of the alley and I quickly darted over to keep it from rolling out completely; the screams of the demon slowly fading away into the dark as his body faded to dust.

Sighing in relief, I glanced downward at my appearance, checking myself for any injuries unknown to myself. Other than the cut on my cheek, I had a small gash in my right side, perhaps from the demon teachings it's talons towards me in our final bout.

I took some gauze from the sleeve of my haori and wrapped it around my waist to prevent any infection; though, I should still visit a Wisteria House after this mission to get everything cleared up.

Before finally departing Misaki Alleyway, I ventured into the back near the dumpsters to check for any other victims, finding relief in the fact that I found none beside the rest of the poor police officer's body.

I took a vial of wisteria out of my pocket and poured it poured it out around the body if the police officer and the rest of the alleyway; hopefully deterring any other demons from entering this place.

Gently, I clapped my hands together and prayed for the peace of any other who had died to this creature; for the poor police officers and young women as well as their families.

After my first battle with a demon as a Demon Slayer, I had emerged victorious.

A Few Minutes Later

Pushing my way through the crowds of people in Harajuku, I looked around, hoping to see any signs of either the Wind Hashira or another demon.

Ducking away from the crowds, I found myself facing a large theatre; large construction structures lining the front with a small sign reading Closed for Reconstruction.

I walked up the steps, bypassing the small sign and walking up to the entrance; an odd sound emanating from the darkened theatre. Glancing around, I gently pried the door to the theatre and , just as before, with the Misaki Alleyway, the strong scent of blood entered my nose.

Taishō Era Secrets

Shortly after Karin left Misaki Alleyway, police arrived to investigate the alley after being tipped that a young girl might be in danger from a mother and child. 

Author's Notes

Yay! I am alive! I had some bad writer's block but I'm almost done with this fan arc! Once the Harajuku arc is finished, I should be able to writer chapters quicker, since I have something to base them off of!

Bye! Bye!

Rin