Prologue

It is a beautiful sunny day in Los Angeles, California. Everything seems peaceful in the city of angels. Where stars are born. A place of mixed cultures. From native American Indians to Hispanics and Asians to Americans themselves. There are no signs that it was attacked by aliens more than eighty years ago.

Somewhere in a public cemetery. A hotshot pilot is visiting the grave of his grandfather who died from old age after retiring from military service. He is visiting the grave of his father who saved his fellow naval aviators before being shot down by a Vietnamese fighter pilot. He is accompanied by his grandmother who was once turned into a ship girl. They offer silent prayers for both pilots. Then the man talks to the tombstones of both men. He also offers a little prayer for his mom who died a month after his father died.

????: Hey there gramps, dad. How's it going up there? Until now I can't accept that both of you are gone. Especially you dad. Your death remains a mystery to me. Your former commanding officers said that you screwed up. I don't believe everything that they say about you. You're a good pilot. I know that you wouldn't make any decisions that will affect your career. Both of you inspired me to become a fighter pilot as well. Dad I miss you so much. I thought that one day all three of us will fly together.

????: Pete it's time to go.

Pete: Just a few more minutes grandma.

????: Ok Pete.

As the woman waits for her grandson Lt. Pete "Maverick" Mitchell. She looks at him for a long time. For her, Maverick's reckless flying reminds her of the late Lt. Col. Jason "Hitman" Mitchell. Their son Donald "Duke" Mitchell was also an ace pilot. But he flies differently from his son and his father. As Maverick finishes saying his prayers. A stranger approaches the silver haired woman and talks to her.

????: Long time no see Enterprise. Or should I say Capt. Evelyn Danvers.

Evelyn: Belfast. It sure is. What brings you here in the United States?

Belfast: The Royal Navy has been invited to participate in the Memorial Day activities. Is that your grandson?

Evelyn: Yes he is. He's also a naval aviator like his father and grandfather. But he flies more like my husband.

Belfast: Oh Really?

Evelyn: Yes. He was put in hack twice by his commanding officer. He loves buzzing the air traffic control tower. Jason would always do that. Even during the night time. But the most intriguing part of Pete's reckless flying is making a high speed pass on an admiral's daughter.

Belfast: Come to think of it. He does resemble your late husband. How did you two exactly meet anyway?

Evelyn: Let's go to my house. I will tell you all about it there. Plus we have a lot of catching up to do. After we defeated the Sirens most of you returned to your original countries.

Belfast: Yes. At first we all thought that they would call us freaks because we used to be ships in human form. But you're the only human among us since you just served as a host for Enterprise.

Evelyn: Pete! Let's go home now.

Pete: Ok grandma.

Maverick assists his grandmother to the car. He doesn't know that she was a human who served as a host for the aircraft carrier Enterprise along with two other girls who became her surrogate sisters. He drives her to her house in Newport, Virginia. After that he heads to Miramar where he is currently part of an elite group pilots participating in the Top Gun program.

Author's Note:

All the events that I have written in the original story will be mentioned again. Except for two things. One, the Siren attacks takes place exactly in the exact timeline after world war 2. And two, instead of a captured Siren. It is a salvaged Siren ship's black cube where the scientists will extract the power in developing the ship girls. As for Capt. Danvers, the chapters that I have written about her will be rewritten with major changes.