Why Me?

It's so weird to get dressed by maids everyday. I can't even get dressed by myself. 'Ugh! So tiring!'

"Areum, why are we living in Songak out of every other place in the palace."

"Ah that, because you're friends with Lady Soo so everyone thought you'll be comfortable living with her around."

I formed an 'o' shape from my mouth and nodded.

"Lady, you're ready to go out." The maids bowed at me and left the room while I stretched my hands.

"Finally! Areum, let's go to Hae Soo."

We were strolling around the place when I saw a woman with some maids behind her. It was her, the Great Princess Yeon Hwa!

She was picking at Hae Soo for looking at Prince Wook and Lady Myung Hee. 'Aigoo...She really looks like those villains in dramas.'

"Hae Soo...." I called Hae Soo trying to get their attention so that Miss Dimples would stop picking on her. They turned around.

"Ah! How can I forget....Lady Ji Eun is our guest here. I hope she's not a troublemaker like you, Lady Soo." Yeon Hwa smiled at me which didn't look like a good sign. 'Oh come on Miss Dimples, you wanna fight? CoMe aT mE hOe!'

She invited me to prepare the lanterns for the festival which I was SUPPOSED to mess up and.....I did.

'How do I stick these petals? Ugh! This is harder than what I expected!' Oh come on! Painting and taekwondo are easier than these stupid things.

"You should rest, Ji Eun. I don't think decorating lanterns is your thing. You're our guest, you don't have to do all these." Ah...Myung Hee is so considerate. She reads minds maybe.

"I thought she might be good at these things since she's your cousin's friend. Looks like both are the same. My bad, I shouldn't have invited you." Miss Dimples can't keep her mouth shut even for a minute.

I looked at Hae Soo and she was in the same condition as me. Yeon Hwa picked on her again but I can't meddle to stop her this time.

After a little while I walked out with Areum and saw Hae Soo all exhausted after mixing the burned glue.

"Are you not gonna talk to Lady Soo?"

"Later. She probably doesn't even remember me. Well, let's stroll around this place for the time being."

'Hae Soo will meet Prince So now.'

I took Areum with me ignoring Hae Soo so that she won't waste her and miss her first encounter with So.

"Areum, is Ji Hoon my only sibling?"

"Yes. Why do you ask?" Woah! That was quite an unexpected answer.

"It's just that I thought....olden days people used to have a lot of kids but I have only one sibling ahahaha." My nervous laugh came at the wrong time making Areum give me a suspicious look. But I couldn't care but ask more. "But why didn't my father remarry? He could've got married to someone. He was still young when mother passed away right?"

"Everyone says that he believes in the strength of love which gave him the will to raise you and your brother into decent humans." That left me speechless. 'People like that to exist in real life?....People who believe in love.'

I was lost in my thoughts when someone interrupted me. "Lady Ji Eun, Princess Yeon Hwa has invited you to join her with the Princes." Aigoo! Miss Dimples can't even leave me alone for a good one hour.

I saw Chae Ryung running off to some place, probably to find Hae Soo.

"Hae Soo is coming right? I'll go with her.  You can tell Princess Dimples- I mean Princess Yeon Hwa to spend some time alone with the Princes." I gave her an assuring smile and ran behind Chae Ryung followed by Areum.