Change Fate

I felt really weird sitting inside the palanquin. My choice will not me regret anything unless it harmed others. But I still felt like something weird was about to happen.

'Think positive! You'll be fine.'

The palanquin stopped at a point. I heard the noise of someone riding a horse. I peeked outside. My eyes widened to see an unexpected person infront of me....Wang Jung? But why?

He got off from his horse and walked towards my direction. I panicked and stopped peeking.

"Choi Ji Eun." I heard his voice from outside the palanquin. "You can come out of the palanquin. We need to have a little talk." I gulped and slowly removed the curtains of the palanquin. My eyes met Jung's sharp eyes. It was hella scary.

He offered me his hand to help me get out. I looked at his hand and then looked back at his eyes. 'You don't need his hand. Get out of the palanquin by yourself, dumbass!'

I looked away and got out of the palanquin. I didn't look at his eyes which were creeping me out. "What do we need to talk about, your highness?"

"Heh. I know your father really well and I also know that he can never be greedy for the throne. But seems like his daughter is." Well, it did hurt to know that people now think that I'm greedy. "Not only greedy.....you're smart too. You made it look like it was Hae Soo who was getting married. You were successful in fooling my brothers. You're one sly woman. I never thought anyone but you....you are so selfish."

Okay! Now he hurt my pride. I was still scared but didn't hesitate to look him in the eyes. "I did what I thought was right. It has nothing to do with you. You have no reason to stop me like this. Now maybe you can tell me your intentions of stopping me midway-"

"Ji Eun!" I heard the steps of another horse and what felt like Hae Soo's voice. 'Oh no!' I looked back to see Hae Soo and Baek Ah coming from behind. The only thing I didn't want right now.

"I'm sorry if I look like a greedy bitch, your highness. But can you please take me to the palace- No no no no...take me anywhere away from them even if it's not the palace!" Jung smirked at me. "What? Why are you smirking? I'm serious!" I looked at him in disbelief.

"If they're here to stop you, that's exactly why I am here.....To take you away from the palace to stop this marriage." I'd be lying if I said that I understood what he said but I understood the first part.

"Whatever! Get over your dramatic dialogues and just take me away from them! TAKE ME TO THE PALACE! I can deal with this myself. Please trust me!" He didn't move at all but kept that smirk on his face.

'Is he for real?! I need to get to the palace. Ji Eun's father will be the one to get punished if I won't present myself in there. Fine....I'll do this by myself.' My eyes fell on one of the guard's horse and something snapped my brain.

"I don't know why you among of everyone wants to stop me but- I'm thankful to my father for being rich and getting me in horse riding lessons. I will go to the palace and not even Lucifer can stop me." That was it I pushed him back pulling his sword and pointed it at my own neck. 'Dramatic enough, Ji Ho.'

"Ji Eun! Stop!" Soo and Baek Ah finally caught up to us jumping off the horse while Yo stood there unbothered.

"Ji Eun, drop that sword!" Baek Ah yelled walking towards me. "You'll hurt yourself-"

"I haven't hurt myself yet, Baek Ah....but if any of you come closer, I will hurt myself. I have got enough wounds and I don't care if this would hurt."

My eyes met Soo's eyes. "Ji Eun, I know why you're doing this but...this is not the right way."

"Trust me this time, I'm doing it right so get it inside your mind and don't do anything to ruin this, Soo. I'll do this my way. And you-" I looked at Jung.

"I don't know why you want to stop me but I don't want to be stopped. " I got on the horse and looked at them one final time and started riding the horse. "Ha!"

I was mad at myself for ditching them but it was for the best.

•••••••

They were out of my sight and I was relieved. I finally reached the palace gates. Ji Mong was waiting for me at the entrance.

I got off the horse and walked forward taking heavy breaths. "Yah! Why are you on a horse? I saw you leaving in a palanquin." He reminded me of the grandma who used to live next door in Seoul.

"I had to deal with people who tried to stop me. Nevermind, where am I supposed to go next?" He took me inside and started speaking. "You should stop taking things in your own hands and accept your fa-" "Seriously old man, what the actual flying shit? Is 'fate' your favorite word or something? Fate fate fate fate. UGH! Stop with that stupid fate lecture already!"

"Aish....You're such a disobedient kid." I rolled my eyes. "I didn't even obey my father, you're more like a stranger who lectures me more than my high school history teacher."

"Is that the king's bride?" I looked behind to see a pale woman with her hair tied into a neat high bun standing there with other women. 'Now who's she....'

"Aigoo, Royal Concubine Oh!" Ji Mong ran towards her excitedly. "I wanted to see you for so long that my eyes became this big all the time." That woman had a smile oh her face as she glanced at me.

"Is that her?" Ji Mong looked back at me. "Yes, this is Lady Ji Eun of Choi household, my niece." Oh right...I almost forgot that he was my uncle.

"Now that you are here, your subject will leave now." He bowed and turned around. "Do not cause trouble, Ji Eun." As if I wanted to cause trouble. He was about to leave when court lady Oh stopped him. "Astronomer. From now on, do not refer to yourself as a lower person infront of us." Right. The palace and the position of people. Tiring. Also she was so cold.

Ji Mong started giving his explanation. "Oh that was...." "Bring the lady." Court lady Oh said in a cold tone. At this point even I was confused about how the king fell for someone like her.

They took me with them to the bathe place. Court lady Oh stopped and turned to look at me. "We'll search your body briefly before you wash up."

"I know. That's kind of like invasion of my privacy but who are you to listen right? Whatever it is, you won't believe if I say I don't have scars on my body."

"I'm sorry but we have to check up your body and you have to share a room with us too-"

"I am well aware of that, ma'am. Do whatever you need to with my body. I am straight." That was probably the worst joke I might've made in my entire life.

I don't know the reason I'm somewhere in the past inside a person's body who looks just like me and is dead but...I knew one thing for sure that I'm here for a reason. Maybe my existence here can save innocent people from dying.

As much as I wanted to go back and maybe I will be back someday but until then, I'll make things right in here.

•••••••

(Baek Ah's POV)

I didn't want to give up on Ji Eun no matter what was ought to come. Even though it was her decision, it was a bad one. Hae Soo already told me that Ji Eun is doing this to protect her but being this selfless was not right.

Jung went to his mother, the queen to help him while me and Hae Soo were sneaking inside the room Ji Eun was in to convince her to come back.

"Can you hear what they're saying?" I asked Hae Soo who was trying to eavesdrop on the conversation of court Lady Oh and Ji Eun.

"I can't figure it out properly but I think I understood some of it."

"What?"

She looked up at me. "She can't become the king's bride if she has scars on her body."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I swear I didn't forget about this book.
I was busy with some personal issues that took way too long to go away.
I'm also sorry that this part was really short.
My exams are coming up and I'll try to update as much as possible.
Thanks for reading <3