Chapter 1 - Farewell, Inazuma

The Inazuma Bakufu has officially declared [Y/N] [L/N] a wanted fugitive.

It has been a few months since the fall of the [L/N] Clan. [Y/N], to her relief, found out that her mother is still alive. She missed her parents greatly.

When her father would chat with her over tea, and when she makes [F/F] with her mother. Reliving those memories always sent tears running down her cheeks.

She's not the only one who's affected by her clan's fall. A multitude of her friends were also affected and mulled over the disappearance of the young woman.

───── ✦ ─────

In the middle of a grassy meadow stood a man with white hair, with a streak of red, pulled up by a ponytail. He held out his hand and pulled a leaf from the gentle breeze of the wind. The tall grass seemingly swaying towards the direction of the tumbleweeds that the wind carried.

Kaedehara Kazuha missed his best friend very much. He knew the only daughter of the [L/N] Clan. After all, they used to hang out and play together when they were children. He was close with her, maybe more than friends in his eyes, but he's fine with it.

According to some people, they always were the odd bunch. [Y/N] and Kazuha were always connected to the wind. Their affinity with Anemo made their bond stronger and unbreakable.

While indulging the smell the breeze carried, Kazuha recalled one memory that never fails to put a smile on his face.

───── ✦ ─────

Days after the Shogunate announced that Kazuha was a wanted fugitive for stealing a Vision from the Almighty Shogun, he went to the [L/N] Estate to seek shelter.

He was also grieving the death of his dear friend, who died at the hands of their own archon. He expected the inhabitants to report him, but to his surprise, they welcomed him with open arms.

"Kazuha," [Y/N] uttered as she sprinted towards him, engulfing him in a hug in the process.

The head of the [L/N] Clan said that he is family to them, and always will be. "If you ever need anything from us, we'll try our best to help you," exclaimed [M/N], [Y/N]'s mother.

His eyes were puffy and red. And because of their affirmation, all of those heartfelt words made tears stream down his now reddened cheeks.

───── ✦ ─────

Kneeling down on the tatami mat and silently eating sakura mochi, a young woman frustratingly sighed at her nation's affairs. The disappearance of her closest confidante, coupled with the stress of upholding a public image is slowly taking a toll on her.

Kamisato Ayaka was upset about the disappearance of her dear friend. She asked her subordinates, and even Thoma, to search Inazuma City and its outskirts to see if there were any traces of her friend.

She even went as far as to storm into the Kujou Encampment to acquire information, before being forcefully held back by her older brother, Kamisato Ayato.

But the search ended up being fruitless, leaving the young woman to take back her orders.

Ayaka wanted to help [Y/N]. But with her clan being a part of the Tri-Commission, she couldn't bring herself to do it. The Raiden Shogun would immediately be informed if she were to do such a deed. She can endanger [Y/N] and the Kamisato Estate's inhabitants if she were to harbor a wanted fugitive.

A few days later, after sulking in her room, the young noble from the Kamisato Clan received news about a [H/C]-haired swordswoman wandering Inazuma's countryside.