Chapter 4

ALPHA MARCELLUS STORM

Marcellus was sure that he was going crazy. The fact that his wolf agreed with him didn't help the matter. In fact, it just made things all that much worse.

Well, at least they were back on speaking terms, their mutual want, need and desire to finally locate their mate overpowering everything.

What are you doing?

Paperwork. What does it look like I'm doing? Marcellus replied dryly as he sank further into his chair and stared down at the large stack of papers in front of him.

It was college application time which meant that it would be a busy couple of weeks for Marcellus and Dalton as they had to work through transfers for those wolves that wished to attend a college out of state and in another pack. More than difficult, it was a tedious task and a time of year which Marcellus found himself dreading each and every time.

It looks like you're not trying to find our mate.

And what do you think all that in the morning was? Marcellus frowned back at his wolf, reminding him of the shit at the hospital that morning.

The moment Marcellus had returned back to the pack, he had hunted down both Justas and Raphael, at the pack hospital and on the training grounds respectively as they had already begun work for the day and both of them replied in the exact same way. That the only time they had left the pack yesterday had been to go to the hospital with absolutely no stops or rendezvous on the way.

As their Alpha and a wolf that prided himself on being more observant than the average wolf, Marcellus could tell that they were both speaking the truth. The fact that neither of their answers had seemed rehearsed and they had both been surprised to see him in such a frantic state, purposely seeking them out for a second time in two days, further solidified his belief that his mate had indeed been at the hospital yesterday but for some reason, was not today. That, and whatever they used to clean the place was strong, even by werewolf standards.

He knew that to everyone watching in, he looked like a crazy man but Marcellus couldn't bring himself to care.

Do you think it's possible that she was a patient at the hospital yesterday?

Maybe. Marcellus hummed and groaned quietly, flipping over a page in the document that he was currently going through. The fact that she wasn't there means that she isn't seriously ill, which is a good thing.

So, we know she's not terminally ill but we still don't know where she is. His wolf growled and dropped himself to the ground, tired of pacing back and forth.

Back to square one. Marcellus groaned again and rubbed an impatient, aggravated hand down his face, rubbing the sleep away before forcing himself to get back to work as Dalton had already signed off for the night, leaving him to get as much done as possible before continuing with it in the morning.

We could be out looking for our mate right now.

Marcellus snorted in response. We'll find her when we find her. Plus, it's night time right now and we're not going to find her in the dark.

That doesn't mean anything.

It means that there's no point rushing things. The Moon Goddess has everything planned so we're just going to have to sit back and wait to see how things play out. Even if that means that it's going to take some time.

His wolf merely hummed in response though Marcellus sincerely doubted that, that would be the last the beast would have to say on the matter as like the true Alpha that he was, he would once again run out of patience very soon.