01.

In truth, I didn't really know Grace Jacobs before all the shit that went down with Fez. I mean, I didn't really like her, mostly because she was Nate's twin.

But I guess that's not entirely her fault.

And if they were throwing an end-of-the-summer party, of course I'd fucking go.

Grace leaned her head on the car window and turned up the volume on her phone. But even the music blasting through her tangled earphones didn't drown out her twin's and McKay's chatter.

She didn't even want to be here. Nate didn't want her here. Their father practically forced them both - all because of a stupid fight they had at breakfast. But this was their parents' form of punishment - making their children spend time together until they made up.

She had to admit it was kinda genius.

She sighed, inhaling the strong scent of aftershave and toxic masculinity, Nate's favorite perfume. More than once had she thought of just... opening the door, jumping on the pavement and flipping off the boys in the front seats. That would finally give Nate something to rightfully bitch about.

She wondered if he would tell their parents and for a moment felt tempted to do it just to find out.

"...Grace!"

She took one earphone out and asked "What."

Nate turned back in his seat and stared at her with furrowed eyebrows. "I said do you need anything."

At her blank expression, he licked his lips, his giveaway of annoyance. "We're stopping at the gas station."

I don't suppose you're offering to buy me any drugs, are you, Natey-Nate?

Grace shrugged and declined his offer. She knew the guy who worked at the small store, attached to an old gas station sold drugs. Her friends always bought from him. Nate did, too. It would save her a trip to the other side of town to buy weed from her dealer, but her brother was a hypocrite. He didn't want her drinking. He didn't want her smoking. And if he found out she was planning to try molly with BB at McKay's party, he would flip out.

It's not like she was addicted or anything - she was partial to weed, but didn't even smoke often enough to call it a habit. Besides, did weed in this day and age even count as a drug anymore?

When they rolled on the parking lot behind the store, she opened the car door and dangled her leg out, enjoying the soft breeze caress her bare thigh. Her brother and McKay went inside. She browsed through Spotify, searching for the perfect song.

They returned quickly, with a red bearded man in tow. She took a long look at him. He was much shorter than Nate, probably about her height, with cropped hair that showed off a long scar that ran along his scalp. What was his name again? Fredo? He didn't know it yet, but he was the one who would sell her and BB molly tonight, if everything went according to plan. She felt a wave of excitement and her lips curled up into a small smile.