09.

Now, in my defense, it was Saturday and I was out of drugs. Besides - if someone had told me what would happen, I'd never have invited Grace along.

 Besides - if someone had told me what would happen, I'd never have invited Grace along

Fezco was counting money when the doorbell rang. He puffed out a cloud of smoke and called "Yo, who is it, man?"

"Rue and that other chick," replied Ash from another room.

Fezco sighted, annoyed with Rue for bringing Jules along and choosing just the wrong time to do so. "Nah, bro tell her to come back later," he said, binding the stack of dollars with an elastic.

"Too late, bitch," laughed Rue, sauntering into the room.

"Hold on, hold on-" he started, rising from his chair.

"And look who I've brought!"

Fezco's heart stopped the moment the second girl walked into the room and sent him a sheepish smile. "I brought back your hoodie," she said, tugging at the oversized sleeves. She was soaking wet, her hair clinging to her neck and forehead, water dripping off her chin.

"You can't be in here right now, you gotta go" he said, walking up to her. Hurt flashed across her face and he instantly regretted his tone, but was distracted by Rue, plopping down on his couch.

"Give me drugs," she said softly, looking up at the ceiling.

"I'm dead serious," he told her. "I can't help you right now. You gotta go," he added, turning back to Grace. Who had given her permission to look so fucking beautiful even dripping wet?

"C'mon, Rue, let's go," she said quietly, avoiding his eyes. Rue only sighted and ignored them both.

"Yo, for real, Rue, I ain't fucking playing with you, c'mon," he said, becoming more and more desperate to get both girls out before Mouse showed up. "You gotta get up out of my house right now before these motherfuckers come through!"

Grace's eyes widened, realization dawning on her. She strode around the couch and grabbed Rue's arm. "Get the fuck up, Rue, we gotta go."

Rue only laughed at her and told her to chill. Grace sent Fezco an alarmed look and for a moment he almost hated Rue for putting them all in this situation. "Rue, I don't got shit right now," Fezco tried again. "Like, come back in a few hours, I got you. Whatever you need. But right now you both gotta get out of my house."

"Give me drugs," was Rue's only reply.

"I'm just tellin' you, I don't have shit for you, bruh, c'mon!"

At his agitated tone, Grace gave Rue's arm a yank, trying to pull her off the couch, but the other girl wouldn't budge.

"I need you out of the house right now," he repeated, coming dangerously close to shouting, something he had promised himself years ago he'd never do. "My guy's 'bout to come through and I don't want you here when he gets here, do you understand?!"