chapter three • are you bored yet?

The interior of Rafe's Range Rover was just like her farther's, just slightly more messier with the potent scent of his cologne suffocating the atmosphere- almost like it had cascaded a bubble around Scarlets aroma purposely. Inch by inch sly little fragments of the male was making their way into the brunette, first her mind was smothered with mere thoughts of their moment at the party- now all she could smell was him.

It was expensive, dominant and as much as she hated to admit, it was patronising in the best way possible. At least it was a pleasant scent; a bottle of this shit must of been at most five hundred dollars.

He sat slouched back in his diver's seat, with his left arm gripping the wheel lazily and right arm resting slack in his lap as his gaze remained located on the road. The situation would of been much more simple for the female if Rafe wasn't so beautifully pleasing to the eye, his tan skin and dirty blonde hair contrasting the orange glow to the setting sun.

The signet ring catching glimpse of that lasting sun light and bouncing from the gold, casting a reflection upon the sun roof and bouncing off every surface that consisted within his vehicle.

It was a mesmerising sight, one that Rafe hadn't take note of but Scarlet surely had- wondering wether just a simplistic moment like so is foreshadowing the upcoming events of the night.

"Are you gonna keep thinking on your own or are you gonna let me in on that pretty little mind of yours?" Rafe broke the silence, startling the female as she sensed him turning his head slightly to eye the now alert girl.

"I was thinking that we need the radio on, how long do we have left until we reach your little spot lover boy?" She smirked, mirroring his actions and looking towards him from the corner of her oculars.

"Someone's a bit eager aren't they?"

"Nah" she shrugged smugly, looking back out the transparent window to gaze at the immense scenery. "Just bored"

"Oh man, you're right as rain tonight" he shook his head, voice heavily laced in sarcasm as he chuckled at Scarlets brashness. "But don't worry princess, we've only got a few more minutes so sit tight yeah?"

The brunette sucked in her lips to suppress the smile that threatened to force entry, keeping her gaze settled on the ocean view as they travelled through a neglected area of some form of beach. She wondered why of all people did he choose to take her, considering just a few hours ago before he walked into the cafe she could've bet all her money on never seeing him again. Just a memory in her storage of treasured moments.

It wasn't such that Scarlet was complaining about having the pleasure of keeping Rafe company but more so confused about the sudden steer her life had taken within the last week, event after event had piled up messily into a pile of unregistered thoughts in her mind that she was yet to sort and neatly file. That could wait until tonight was over and done with, considering the outcome by midnight.

Light music begin to plummet through the comfortable silence, implying the male had indeed turned on the radio and accepted the brunettes request for the remaining journey. It was at a low volume but Scarlet could make out the song, one that sent her back to her younger days when she were around thirteen and would play it on loop in the summer nights.

Feel so close by Calvin Harris, the tune signified positive vibes and a light energy that also offered a huge mass amount of nostalgia for Scarlet, herself and April would prance around in the dance parties they'd hold for only the two of them in their rooms and live out their raving fantasies. She found herself asking where did all the time go? Now soon to be nineteen in the car of a being she had met not only once but twice.