Chapter 12

Third Person's POV

"Are the rumors true? Is Zac the Sunrise really related to Count Nightfell?"

"I don't know about you, but I think it's true." Two girls were walking from school, and one of them was waving their phone in front of the other girl. "There's this article that proves it."

The second girl peered at the phone for a moment, then shrugged. "Article? More like a social media post. Isn't that made by an online celebrity who's probably jealous of Zac?"

"Maybe, but it has a point! The news said that when Zac went to the hospital, Count Nightfell was found at the front!"

"Coincidence?"

"And-and-AND... witnesses say they saw him transform out of his disguise as he was running through the hospital hallways."

After taking another look at the "article," the second girl gasped. "Did Zac know about this? That his brother's a thief?"

"If he did, he must be supporting phantom thieves behind our backs!"

The second girl looked down. "Oh... Well, I guess I'll unsubscribe to him on Beytube..."

"Best if you do."

Akira burst into the hospital room restlessly. "I'm sorry Zac, I'm sorry Zac, I'm so so so sorry!" he panicked.

Zac sat up in his bed. "Slow down, kid. What's the matter?"

"I don't know whether to be excited or scared... but--wait, have you checked Beytube yet?"

"No?"

Akira got out his phone and scrolled rapidly. "Should I let you see this? I mean, you have to know this but I'm afraid you'd react badly if you didn't see it already!" he fussed.

Zac tried to peek at the phone's screen from his bedside, but to no avail. "Just show me what it is! I'm sure it's not that serious if someone didn't like your new rap song."

"It's not that! It's even worse!" Akira finally shoved the screen at Zac's face. "You're losing followers!"

Zac's eyebrows arched. "... What?"

"And since I have this much followers... I am more famous!" Akira squealed, making Zac glare at him. Akira cleared his throat and muttered, "Sorry, uh, it's kind of been my goal to outshine you. But this is a disaster! I knew we shouldn't have talked about Auguste's fine--"

"Don't say it, Akira." Orochi warned as he walked in the room with three water bottles and headphones on his head. Akira covered his mouth. Right! Zac can't know about our secret meeting! Then again, everyone knows now, except him.

"Say what? Is it important?" Zac inquired, glaring at the both of them. "Maybe about Auguste?! Orochi!"

Orochi shuddered. "Not so loud..." He picked at his ear. "And it's nothin' important, really."

"No, really, what was he gonna say? Something about Auguste's fine..." Zac waited for either of his friends to continue for him.

"Auguste's... uh..." Akira stalled. "Auguste's fine magic skills? You said he does tiny magic tricks every now and then, right?"

Zac waved his arms around furiously. "How does that have to do with my reputation going down?! It's not like Auguste can make my fans disappear with—" He hesitated, then put a palm to his forehead. "Ohh... oh no..."

Akira bit his fingernails anxiously. Orochi absentmindedly handed Akira a water bottle while warily watching Zac. The conflicted star looked down, trying to take things in. "So everyone knows now..."