ch 3 The Stranger

The three of us stand in silence. Don, me and apparently Peter.

Don breaks the quiet

"Y/n, you know this guy?"

He had a confused expression, as in 'what the hell is going on'.

I thought about it for a bit, did I really know this guy? We only talked for a day.

"Yes. Don, I want you to meet Peter, he's my.. friend."

I thought I'd be nice about it, since Peter was right in front of me.

I decided to start asking the important questions.

"Peter, what are you doing here? Do you live in these apartments?"

The tall man smiled and looked at me directly into my eyes.

"No, I was just visiting a friend and I came over to see what the noise was all about. Just being a good citizen is all! Just so happens that it'd be you I'd run into~ not that I'm complaining."

Don speaks up in response to Peter

"Figures, I knew I didn't have any people named Peter that I'm renting out these rooms to."

Exactly at that moment, I knew Don struck a nerve.

"I don't believe that remotely concerns you, 'Don'."

Peter mocked

"Actually it does, if I'm the one keeping a roof over your friends head. I'd keep your mouth shut if I were you, kid"

The two grown men glared at each other as if they were about to start up an argument so I changed the subject.

"Well, I guess it was just a coincidence. But no need to worry, my car just got its windows smashed. Thankfully all of my belongings are still here. I just need a ride home-"

Peter perked up and replied instantly

"I can give you a ride home! It'd be no trouble for me~"

Wow.. that's nice of him. But should I really trust him this easily? He gives off desperate vibes. But I don't exactly have the money to afford a taxi, and Lucy doesn't have a car.

"I.. could always give you a ride home too.. y/n."

Don stuttered as if It killed him being this kind

I needed to make up my mind quickly, I don't want to keep these two waiting.

"I'll go with.."

This chapter is shorter than the other ones I apologize! But I needed it to be like this so I could with the choice options. I decided I wanted there to be options for you all to pick! I'll write ch 4 and 5 as soon as possible

DON (chapter 4)
PETER(chapter 5)

Image credited to fuboo!