ch 5 A Ride with Peter

"Peter, I'll go with Peter."

Don did so much already for me as it is, he's giving me that job and handling my car business. The least I can do is find my own way back home.

The tall man grinned with joy.

"I'm glad! I'll pull my car forward over here so you don't have to walk! Wait right there darling~."

Peter ran across the street to get his vehicle. leaving me and Don all alone.

He felt uncomfortable as if he had just got rejected from his crush.

"Be careful, with that guy. I don't exactly trust him. Something in my gut tells me he is bad news. If I'm wrong then so be it, I'll take the blame for it. But it's better to be safe than sorry."

The landlord crossed his arms and looked into my eyes, waiting for a response.

"Of course I will, can't take me down that easily! I carry pepper spray just in case." I chuckled.

A vehicle pulled up to where we were standing, it was a white, beat up van. Looked like one of those cars in the kidnapping movies. Either he's actually bad news or he's broke. Really hoping for the second one.

The window rolled down revealing Peter

"Y/n! Hop in, hope it's to your liking. I cleaned up a bit here. Oh! And ignore the stuff in the backseat. Just a bunch of junk~."

"That's my queue, I'll get going."

walking towards the van I waved goodbye to Don.

Don replied back with a soft wave, but a worried expression.

I opened the door to the van and Peter greeted me with a huge smile showing his teeth. They were really sharp, maybe an aesthetic? If that's what he was going for.

"Well, where to?"

I gave him my address and we started to drive away from the apartment complex. The silence became more eerie by the second, so I spoke up.

"Peter, I've noticed you call me darling a lot. Why? Last time I checked, we've only talked for a day."

He had a confused expression.

"A day? Wow, it feels like we've known each other for years! What love does to you, right?" He laughs.

"Love?" I whispered to myself.

What the hell is this guy talking about?

No matter what I said the eerie vibe became louder and louder.

Peter started to tap his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Wanna listen to some music? Because I just got the song."

Without letting me answer, Peter turns up the radio.

The tall man begins to hum to the song that was playing.

"Love me cancerously~"

Stop.

"Like a salt-sore soaked in the seaaa~ High-maintenance means, You're a gluttonous queen, Narcissistic and mean."

Please. Stop.

"Kill me romantically! Fill my soul with vomit then ask me for a piece of gum.

Bitter and dumb! You're my sugarplum~"

"STOP"

Peter slams his brakes and all his things come flying to the front.

"OH i'm so sorry y/n! Here let me help you sweetheart."

I shake my head and start to put his things back, I pick up a jacket that landed on the floor. It was kinda heavy for a jacket. Soon enough I figured out why it was so heavy. I picked it up and a knife appeared, tucked inside the jacket. Fear completely filled my body. Thankfully Peter didn't see this, as he was picking up other things to put in the backseat.

Maybe I'm just overthinking all of this. I'm sure it's just for self defense as well. I mean, I do carry pepper spray with me.

Peter put back the last item and turned around back to me.

"Alright, all cleaned up! Sorry for that,

I'll turn off the music. I just thought It'd help with the silence."

"It's fine, I guess there was just too much noise going on for me.."

I nervously smiled

The man reached out his hand to me, rubbing my head, messing up my hair.

"You should smile more often~ it looks beautiful on you. It matches those pretty round eyes of yours, filled with life. Makes me want those eyes of yours only to look at me. As if I was your life."

My face turns pale. I started to feel uneasy

"What."

He snickered.

"Just kidding~ lighten up, it's just a joke baby."

Peter removed his hands away from me and back on the driving handle.

"As much as I'd love to keep talking to you, we need to get you home so you can get your rest."

In shock, I kept to myself while he drove. In the end, we end up back in quietness.

The excruciating drive finally comes to an end, as I see my house in the distance.

"That's the place."

I show Peter by pointing in the direction of my house.

He smiles and gladly follows my directions.

The closer we reached my house I got more anxious, wanting to jump out and get away from him.

"We are here darling!"

As soon as I heard those words I tried to open the door only to find out it was still locked.

"Why the rush? You must be really tired, huh? I understand completely haha. But before you go, I was wondering if we were still up for that date tomorrow?"

Damn, he's still trying? I'll just say yes so he'll let me out of the car.

Peter looks at me still waiting for a response, like a puppy.

"Sure.. why not. I'll text you the details."

The door unlocks and the tall man beamed up for joy.

"Great! Can't wait for it!"

I gave a fake smile and opened the car door.

I'm glad I finally got away from that freak, hopefully he drives away soon. I don't need him lurking around.

I walked towards my door and kept looking back to see if the man left yet. To my relief he was gone. The anxiety had calmed down and let out a big sigh.

"Lucy, I'm home!"