2

I was woken up, startled by the impact of my cat leaping on me. "What do you want Leo?," I hissed. He kept meowing asking for food. I stood up and waddled to the kitchen to see his food bowl empty. I glanced at the cupboard near where I was standing to see his food container also empty.

"Looks like you gotta wait for a while buddy. I'll make it quick," I patted his head as he snuggled into my palm. I hate everyone and everything but Leo is an exception. 

I grabbed my phone, wallet and jacket with me and walked out of the house. Halfway while walking I realised I forgot to take my gun with me.  Let's just hope nothing bad will happen.

That was when I realise I spoke too soon. 

I was pulled in a dark alleyway with a handkerchief covering my nose and mouth. I tried my best to squirm out of the grip and not to inhale the liquid poured onto the piece of clothing.

But my desire to get a breathe of actual air was stronger. I inhaled sharply into the handkerchief as the unfamiliar smell pricked into my nostrils.

On usual days, I would never let anyone or anything take me down. But right now, worry and fear controlled me like nothing else. I don't have my weapon with me. Out of all days why did I chose to forget my knife with me today? Looks like luck isn't on my side. Not yet at least.  

I started to get extremely dizzy. My vision went blurry, back to normal and blurred once again. I started feeling nauseous. 

I used the last remaining of my strength to wiggle out of the headlock I was in. I even tried to scream in hopes of someone coincidentally walked by and heard my muffled scream.

My eyes started to water and slowly shutting. I tried my best to stay awake but the smell of the liquid on the handkerchief was taking me over completely. My surrounding was spinning. In just a few seconds, everything was pitch black. 

-time skip-

I fully regained full consciousness after waking up for a few minutes. I couldn't feel anything. It was as if I had been separated from my own body. I could feel blood rushing through my veins and through my whole body. I let out a sigh of relief as I felt my muscles started working again.

However, I couldn't move my hand no matter how hard I tried. The realisation hit. I was blindfolded and ties to a chair. A mix of emotion came crushing over me. Confusion, anger, fear. My heartbeat increased like I had just ran through a marathon. I was breathing rapidly. 

"Where am I?! Why am I here?!" I shouted hoping a miracle would come and someone suddenly untying me. But miracles don't happen so often. The opposite happened instead. God save me.

I closed my eyes shut and opened it multiple times to adjust to the dim lighting. I was locked in a dark room with no one other than THE Diaz Fernandez. 

My blood boiled at the sight of him smiling like he didn't just had his guys kidnap me. 

"Oh Clara only if you knew how long i've waited to see you," Diaz's words full of mischievousness as his eyes were basically throwing daggers towards me. 

"Oh Diaz only if you knew how much I despise that hideous face of yours. You caused a little too much trouble to people, don't you think so?" He was taken aback from my comeback. 

"Woah there. No need to get aggressive," Diaz mocked which made my anger rose if that was even possible. I tried to get up but two of his bodyguards stopped me. I decided to settle down before things get worse as I saw a gun next to Diaz. His men probably have weapons on the as well.

"Shouldn't people your age be in a nursing home by now? What do you want from me old man?" He was clearly getting more and more mad. Good.

"I need you to do something for me," One of his men took out a black file and put it in front of me. It was picture of a girl with long black hair, along with her background. "Who's this?"

"Isabelle Alvares. I want you to kill her," Diaz stated as he took a sip of his coffee.