𝐢𝐢. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝

"Oh! There you are. Take your kid." Charlotte says, coming into the hallway.

"Oh." Addison says, taking Lucas into her arms.

"Nanny was a no-show." She hands him off.

"Oh, what is it?" Addison asked Lucas as he coos.

"I have to get to the office. He spit up on me." Charlotte handed Addison the diaper bag, "I'm sending you a dry cleaning bill."

"Oh." Addison responds to Charlottes harsh tone.

Athena pushes the door open, entering the hallway, just like Charlotte had seconds ago.

"No she won't." Athena whispered to Addison.

"Okay, apparently there are a lot of things that Derek did not say." Amelia concludes.

"Oh, no, no, no. He's— he's not mine." Addison stutters, rubbing Lucas' back. "He's, uh, he's my boyfriend's son."

Amelia smiles slightly, before Dr. Ginsburg came out, "Dr. Shepherd."

Amelia looks back, "Uh, duty calls. We will talk later." She walks backwards, "I missed you guys. Also it was nice seeing you again, Athena."

"See you later." Sam told her, while she disappeared behind the door.

The three of them turned around, walking the other way, "Hurricane Amelia made good." Sam said, towards Addison.

Athena furrowed her brows, "Hurricane Amelia?" She repeated, in a questioning tone.

"What kind of family is it where the black sheep ends up being a neurosurgeon?" Addison said, purposely ignoring Athena.

Lucas babbles, "Huh? Oh, what? Huh?" Addison asked, Lucas touched Athena's face.

"How you doing, buddy?" Athena asked sweetly. Although she dislikes children, she has to admit Lucas is adorable.

"Are you gonna be a doctor, too?" She asked him. "Is that what you're talking about? Huh?"

Sam laughs, and Lucas looks at him. "Yeah, that's Sam. That's Sam. I think you are." Addison said.

"You're so good with him." Sam admired.

"Thank you. Listen, I gotta get him to the nanny." She told both of them. "Can you, um, tell Ginsburg I'll be right back?" She said towards Athena.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah. All right." She agreed.

"Say bye-bye. Say bye-bye." Addison repeated.

🪷

"Kayla's repeat E.E.G. shows diffuse slowing consistent with a permanent vegetive state." Dr. Ginsburg reads.

Addison, Athena, Amelia, Dr. Ginsburg and Eddie all stood around the bed—that had Kayla laying on it—including a few of Ginsburg's extra fellows.

"Surgery won't help. Kayla is not a viable candidate." Ginsburg says, in the worst way possible.

"I'm sorry, Eddie." Addison pats his shoulder.

"There must— must be something else you can at least try." He insisted, "She can't just..stay like this."

"I'm afraid I can't help." She tilts her head.

Amelia immediately follows behind Ginsburg, leaving the room. "What about cannulating the aqueduct of sylvius? Passing a stunt to drain the fluid build-up?" Amelia fired questions.

"Dr. Shepherd." She said, turning around.

"Her C.S.F. studies show a slowing of flow, not a complete obstruction. It could work." Amelia continued.

"You know how to wake her?" Eddie asked, coming out from the door.

"No, she doesn't. She's referring to a experimental procedure that has shown very little success, and in your wife's case, it will not work." She looked at him—after she finished scolding Amelia.

Athena and Amelia left the room, Addison on the left of Amelia, as Athena was on Amelia's right.

"I assisted in two of the procedures.."

"Now is not the time to bring it up." She cut Amelia off.

"So do it or don't, but don't say that it can't work." Amelia chuckles awkwardly.

"Amelia—" Addison tried, only to be ignored.

"This procedure is a bad idea." She continued to explain to Eddie.

"If she thinks that it can work, then we sh—" Eddie tries, only to be cut off.

"She is a teaching fellow who is not qualified to make this call." Ginsburg started to fight with Amelia—in the middle of a hospital—causing a scene.

"I graduated top of my class at Harvard." Athena stepped back, feeling out of place. "I did my residency at Johns Hopkins. I have done dozens of procedures in the third ventricle. I am more than qualified. That's why you hired me." She rants.

"Well, clearly I made a mistake. You're fired, Dr. Shepherd." Dr. Ginsburg walked out.

Addison stood there, seeing that coming. While Athena stood there, in shock.

this chapter is so short.
and i'm so vvvvv sorry!!!

i will get more out this
weekend. everything has
just been sooo busy. school,
and the weekends with my
cheer.

again, i'm so sorry. i'm writing
more, i promise!