𝐱𝐢. 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞

TAKE TWO 4x1

FOUR MONTHS LATER

"Hello," Sam nods at Addison—the practice was going to the ceremony they were holding for Dell.

"Hi," Addison swallowed, her sister following behind her, trying to catch up with her crutches.

She didn't exactly need the crutches, but it still hurt a bit to walk on her leg. Her arm was still stiff after being in a cast for all that time—and her hip was still in rough shape, but she was managing.

Sam walked away and Amelia started to walk past, a cigarette placed between her lips, her getting ready to light it.

"Okay, do not even think," Addison ripped the cigarette from between Amelia's lips. "about smoking this."

"I'm going to go find Charlotte," Athena smiled kindly towards Amelia, earning a nod from the Shepherd.

Their relationship-slash-friendship was complicated. Amelia still hadn't fully forgiven the other brunette, but was working towards it.

The bottom of her crutches could be heard on the concrete until she hit the grass.

"One quick one before we g—"

"Since when did you start smoking?" Addison slid her sunglasses to the top of her head.

"Since Derek took a bullet to the chest," Amelia shrugged, not thinking it was that big of a deal.

"Amelia—"

"No, I am not going to Seattle," Amelia tried not to roll her eyes at the red head. "He won't even return my calls. He does not want to see me." She shook her head.

"You're afraid," Addison tilted her head. "Of more things than one."

"Uh, you passed on a relationship with with Sam. Who is basically perfect, because you were afraid. I mean, you guys don't even speak anymore. So you can save the therapy talk—and stay out of Athena's and I's business," Amelia said, grabbing another cigarette from her pocket and lifted it to her lips.

"Give," Addison takes the cigarette, "Give!" She shouted, holding her hand out until Amelia put the pack in her hand.

Addison walks off, finding the rest of the group, Amelia trailing close behind.

"I don't know about the stone," Pete observed the tombstone. "Gray seemed.. elegant. Is it too dull? Because I can get them to do another one."

"It's nice," Cooper responded.

"It is," Addison agreed.

"You did a great job," Naomi nods.

"Dell would've liked it."

"Yeah, Dell would've liked that we're all here together for the unveiling," Athena responded, stretching her leg out.

"I can't believe we're here. We're doing this," Charlotte said disbelievingly.

"I can't believe Dell is dead," Athena swallowed the lump in her throat.

"I know," Violet crossed her arms over her chest. "Dell is dead. What the hell is going on with the world? I mean, Athena almost died."

"I was just thinking the same thing. About William this past week. I mean, he's dying. How could it be that William is dying?" Naomi put her hands on her hips.

"How could it be that Maya got hit by a drunk driver? My child?" Sam asked aloud, Naomi turning to her ex-husband.

"Yeah, well, my brother got shot by a crazed gunman. I mean, the worlds a crappy place," Amelia said, being the pessimist she is.