Chapter 18

I run through the streets, trying my best to dodge the people and cars. I can't feel my legs, I haven't stopped running since I left the diner. I had to have ran a couple of blocks at least. I don't stop running until I get to the park. I feel dizzy, my head is hurting and I don't know what to do.

   I thought he was dead. I killed him, or I thought I did.

Emilio

   Oh God what am I gonna do? Why is he here in Boston? Did he find me? Is he looking for me?
   I should get out of here, get my things from my room and run it's the only way to stay safe, But where would I go?

   No, I can't leave. I'm tired of being scared. I have built my life here, I can't leave Maggie, Melissa and Ink. I can't leave them behind, but I also can't put them in danger.

   I sit here at the park for what feels like forever. My phone has been ringing and I've received a lot of messages from both Maggie and Ink. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm gonna do which is why I haven't responded to them. They must be really worried about me.

   I need to speak to them, maybe they can help me. I don't know what to do. I know I can't stay out here in the open, it's not safe. I need to go back home and explain to them what happened. I text both Maggie and Ink to meet me at the house.

   As I make may way home, I start to get nervous about how they are going to react. As soon as I open the door to my home I am engulfed in a hug.

"Where have you been? You had us all worried. I've been driving all over town looking for you. Why didn't you answer anybody's calls?" Ink says looking extremely pissed.

"Ink hold on a second, let her breath. Sit down Cassie, tell us what happened? Melissa said you broke some dishes and ran out of the diner. Are you ok?" Maggie says.

   So I do as they say and tell them exactly what has happened. I tell them who my family was and that they work for the Alvarez Cartel. I tell them how my family and best friend Diego were killed, that I was kidnapped and used as a drug mule for a rival Cartel called Galindo.

   I finally tell them about Emilio and what he did, how I shot him and thought he was dead. How I saw his picture on the news that he was here in Boston, that's why I ran from the diner.

   Ink is the first to speak.

"I will protect you Cassie, I care a lot about you and I won't let anything happen to you. My MC can protect you, we have a lot of connections. You are not alone, I am here for you."

"So am I honey, we won't let anything happen to you, you have us." Maggie says.

"Thank you guys so much for offering to help me, I don't know what I would do without you guys." I say while tears are streaming down my face.

   For the first time in my life I feel loved, I feel like I can breath again. I don't want to run away, i'm tired of being a scared little girl. With their support, I feel like I can do anything.